Chelsea Grin Guitar Sound

LucaWagenhals

Reaction score
Hey dudes!

I'm searching for a VST or a preset to get the (or at least one similar) guitar sound that Chelsea Grin uses in Ashes To Ashes or Evolve! I love the way the guitars sound there - very brutal but also djenty.
My band is recording its first full length in my home studio and we are searching for that guitar sound.
I use Pod Farm 2.5 Platinum, a UX2 Interface and we will record with the
Ibanez RGIX27FEQM-TG 7-string guitar!

Can anybody give me a (similar) preset or a VST?

Greets, Luca

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

KingAenarion

Resident Studio Nerd
Reaction score
Hey man, welcome to the forum!

You're not just going to magically going to get that production sound from a pod farm preset.

There's a lot of aspects to that tone. It's layered with a bass, it's really tight playing that's been edited, double tracked at least (sounds like it's probably quad tracked). It's probably a combination of amps as well. I seem to remember some of the members from Chelsea Grin posting on this forum. Perhaps if you go searching the forum you can find out what they used and build a tone based around that.

I'm going to hazard a guess that it's AxeFX's for Evolve at least. I mean basically it's quite likely to be a 6505/5150 sound layered with like a Mesa or an ENGL tone.

LucaWagenhals

Reaction score
Thank you for these quick and helpfull answers!

They have 3 guitarists. Does that mean, that there are at least 6 guitar tracks?

DarkWolfXV

Excised n anatomised
Reaction score

Latest posts

')