Chelsea Grin Megathread

hxcdeathcore

Reaction score
I like it, I'm glad you guys stepped it up with the guitars here. I still love those heavy as fuck breakdowns, an that solo is pretty sweet! When will preorders be up?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TXDeathMetal

Lemme smang it girl!
Contributor
Reaction score
I liked the majority of Desolation Of Eden and I like this new song which means I'll probably like the new material as well. :yesway:

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
We recorded, mixed and mastered with Zuess, and he definetly killed it. Sounds very raw, much better than our last record at Lambesis Studios.

There are way more leads and solo's on this record as well, so it is more of a "musicians" album than just a teenagers album haha.

Thanks to everyone else as well !

Totally! One of the first things I noticed is that there are more leads and the faster tempos. Its kind of a necessity when you have more than one guitarist to make sure you have leads, especially when playing death metal style music. Like I said, a progression. Any ballpark as to when the album will be available for purchase?

Dark_Matter

Reaction score
Your sound has matured, jesus christ.

I'll be perfectly honest...I didn't like Desolation of Eden. The Demo was my favorite by far, but this album is definitely going to change my opinion..

Varkatzas

Reaction score
Totally! One of the first things I noticed is that there are more leads and the faster tempos. Its kind of a necessity when you have more than one guitarist to make sure you have leads, especially when playing death metal style music. Like I said, a progression. Any ballpark as to when the album will be available for purchase?

We should have some pre-order packages and crap out the first week of May, but the CD is being released July 19th.

brutalwizard

Pretty Your Petunia
Reaction score
i dig your guys music ever since i saw you guys in boise on the welcome to hell tour, new stuff is still heavy chugtown maggee which can be cool. but was hoping you guys on the next album you would utilize having 3 guitars a little bit more, maybe (which i knew deep down would never happen) get away from the aeolian mode for everything.

mix sounds really good, everything including bass sounds really good.

TreWatson

A HUGE FREAKING WEEABOO
Reaction score
i saw you guys back in november. I'm not a fan to be completely honest, the old stuff just felt hella dull.

no offense dude! really! :( don't take that the wrong way or anything.

but i like this stuff more. good work man! maybe this will be the one that wins me over :)

Curt

Where we're going we don't need neck pickups.
Reaction score
I've been listening to you guys for a while, I did not know any of you guys posted here.

Cool! :yesway:

Diggin' the new song.

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
Sounds pretty good. I dig the vocalist. TBH, I'm not a big Chelsea Grin fan, but I do agree it's heading in a much better direction.

Skirvin

Skirvin'
Reaction score
I had only heard the "Chelsea Grin EP" until now, as everyone has said ... Your sound has matured and is definitely heading in the right direction. :yesway:

Marv Attaxx

Reaction score
Damn, I love Zeuss' production style :bowdown:
Everything is so clear and heavy especially the drums.
Vocals sound monstrous, leads are awesome.
Nice stuff dude :yesway:

Varkatzas

Reaction score
So we recently put up a few new songs, obviously very different from our old stuff... I thought I would share here to hear some of your guys opinions!

not sure how to embed videos :\

zackh

b4 αq ru 18 qtπ?
Reaction score
Don't really listen to you guys, but some of the stuff in that first vid reminds me of Dead to Fall around the time of "The Phoenix Throne", just a little more evil/less melodic

ittoa666

Being confused on SS.org since 2008
Reaction score
Can't say I'm a fan, but I'll give the new stuff a chance since you're in the band.

:EDIT: Ok, still too much breakdown for me, but the last song wasn't bad. I dug the video, especially the stop motion part. You don't see that very much these days.

')