Chelsea Grin Megathread

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

King Ian

Reaction score
I listened to their EP for a long time, but I didn't much like their full-length, unfortunately, since I pre-ordered it. :p

muffgoat

The Djentle Giant
Reaction score
We got to play with these guys in Montreal with Attila and the show was a blast and they were heavy as fuck! Was a huge Attila fan beforehand and came out a huge Chelsea Grin fan!

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
Radio station here KXFX plays Chelsea Grin every Sat night on a 2 hour show called "The Mosh Pit". I bought the CD from Best Buy last month. First heard about em when Varkatzas started a thread about getting a deal with Schecter which rules by the way. I dig it.

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
No thanks. Just like every other cookie-cutter deathcore band. Sorry, Varkatzas. Not doubting your abilities as a guitarist, I just don't like it.

Varkatzas

Reaction score
So we just uploaded the title track tonight off our upcoming album "My Damnation" tonight on YouTube, so if you would like to take a listen, here it is:

I like to feel like it's a big step in a different direction for us, but if you have an opinion I am interested to know what you guys have to say, it's cool see opinions from actual musicians.

-Jaek

Varkatzas

Reaction score
Here is a couple of our old singles from our old CD, in case you have never heard us.

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
I bought the last one and will get this one too. Looking forward to it. I can hear the progression. sounds good

Severance

The Cockhammer
Reaction score
I like this new song alot better then you old stuff vocalist doesnt sound all demon terodactyl out of hell now.

RichIKE

Warforged
Reaction score
the Vocals are WAY improved (I loved the old stuff too though) I'm really excited to hear what else you guys have coming our way. I really like this new song, and the mix is great. Where did you guys record?

Reaction score
I actually preferred the vocal in the old stuff, however I still think they sound good. The mix sounds really good.

Ckackley

Reaction score
Yeah man .. I dig the new song way more than the older stuff. Some really cool guitar stuff going on there and there's a way better "feel" to it.

Jims

Reaction score
I loved the old stuff for what it was and when I saw the vocals had changed I didn't expect to enjoy it...but honestly I cannot wait for this album

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Diggin' it, I will be buying this for sure. :metal:

Varkatzas

Reaction score
the Vocals are WAY improved (I loved the old stuff too though) I'm really excited to hear what else you guys have coming our way. I really like this new song, and the mix is great. Where did you guys record?

We recorded, mixed and mastered with Zuess, and he definetly killed it. Sounds very raw, much better than our last record at Lambesis Studios.

There are way more leads and solo's on this record as well, so it is more of a "musicians" album than just a teenagers album haha.

Thanks to everyone else as well !

heilarkyguitar

Brown note
Reaction score
:metal:Good stuff. I dought i buy it for while cuz i'm broke but i may steal it. lol:metal:

mod edit: we don't talk about piracy here

Latest posts

')