Children of Bodom/Bodom after Midnight Megathread (RIP Alexi)

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
^ Why I don't even. :scratch:

EDIT: Where'd you find that? It's just such a ridiculous thing :lol:. The wrong title makes more sense to me.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Fat-Elf

Banned
Reaction score
^ Why I don't even. :scratch:

EDIT: Where'd you find that? It's just such a ridiculous thing :lol:. The wrong title makes more sense to me.

I read the same thing from somewhere. I bet they were just drunk when they came up with that. I wonder if the moon really is blue at the Lake Bodom. :ugh:

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
^ Ah alright, thanks :yesway:, I hadn't checked the board since Don first posted it here.

I guess the name makes more sense now that I read what it meant. I feel like an idiot :lol:. I didn't catch it at first, and was all "that makes no grammatical sense." Except it does if you consider "blue moon" as one term :lol:. Perspective n' shit.

Black Mamba

Reaction score
:lol: The actual track name is "Bodom Blue Moon (The Second Coming)"

Henkka talks about the artwork here: Bravewords.com > News > CHILDREN OF BODOM - New Album Title, Artwork, Tracklisting Revealed

Here's what the actual album will look like:

549839_10151362743673737_661578025_n.jpg

CrownofWorms

Reaction score
I like the old feel of the album cover and song titles (finally some song titles that aren't cringe worthy), but the album cover does look kinda lazy, as if it was good for a EP at their current level of status

CrownofWorms

Reaction score
Song titles aren't pretty cringe worthy

The Halo Of Blood tracklisting:
'Waste Of Skin'
'Halo Of Blood'
'Scream For Silence'
'Transference'
'Bodom Blue Moon (The Second Coming)'
'The Days Are Numbered'
'Dead Man’s Hand On You'
'Damage Beyond Repair'
'All Twisted'
'One Bottle And A Knee Deep

potatohead

Reaction score
I like the old feel of the album cover and song titles (finally some song titles that aren't cringe worthy), but the album cover does look kinda lazy, as if it was good for a EP at their current level of status

This is one of the best covers I have seen. Absolutely awesome. If you looks closely, there are people under the ice... A little Metallica tribute perhaps? :hbang:

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
^ I hadn't noticed that. It makes it THAT much more awesome.

And, to be fair with the artwork, it's purposely meant to be in the style of their older albums. Those weren't exactly elaborate either :lol:. I much prefer this style to something a la RRF or Blooddrunk. I feel it has more of a theme, or a motif, this way.

Still, though, we have to hear the album first before making any assumptions. But so far, so good.

Don Vito

Reaction score
I find this contradictory(I hope I'm using this word correctly). The charm of the old album covers were that they were simple and solemn. Yes, even a bit "lazy". I think it's much better to have the reaper in a grim emotional state, rather than doing action scenes like he has been for the past few records.

Basically what Alberto said.

Oh, and in case no one has heard yet; COB are playing this year's Mayhem Fest. :metal:

Last edited:

Wizard of Ozz

Arch-Mage of Metal
Reaction score
June 11 North American release = Ass. No Miami, Fl tour date = More Ass. Especially since they are touring with Amon Amarth... Cause I luvs me some Johann Hegg. Dam.

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
So, today we've gotten a good 10" or so of snow in Montreal. Heavy snow all day. I was coming back from school just as it begins to get dark, and under near white-out conditions. As soon as I step out of the bus for the walk back home, Downfall begins to play on my phone. I instantly blast the volume up. The mood couldn't have been more perfect for that song. Most metal walk I've had in so long, and I felt a need to share it here :metal:

20130319_182939.jpg

(Sorry for the terrible pic :lol: I was walking on thick snow and my phone was getting all wet).

EDIT: Also, it reminded me of the cover of Halo of Blood.

Black Mamba

Reaction score
The cover song on the album will be "Sleeping in my car" by Roxette.

sneakyjeep

Reaction score
I freaked out when I heard about the new album. The sound engineer from hatebreeder and follow the reaper! YESSSS YESSS YESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!

:shred::shred::shred:

Don Vito

Reaction score
I'm hoping the production is like Follow The Reaper. That album had the perfect amount of polish and grit. It was never too clean, or too dirty.

Don Vito

Reaction score
Caught myself listening to this today!

Also, I feel the need to take pictures of my lake after what Alberto posted. Problem is that the water has not been raised fully yet, so it doesn't look very good at the moment.

')