Children of Bodom/Bodom after Midnight Megathread (RIP Alexi)

Fat-Elf

Banned
Reaction score
Caught myself listening to this today!

Also, I feel the need to take pictures of my lake after what Alberto posted. Problem is that the water has not been raised fully yet, so it doesn't look very good at the moment.

Does this mean I have to go take some wintery pics of the Bodom someday. :idea:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

sneakyjeep

Reaction score
I'm hoping the production is like Follow The Reaper. That album had the perfect amount of polish and grit. It was never too clean, or too dirty.

Yeah that would be optimal but any mix of what hatebreeder , follow the reaper,, or hatecrew sounded like is fine with me.

now the waiting game begins.:wallbash:

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
^:lol: I wouldn't mind it either, as long as teh gr1m, frostb1tten, and kvltz are preserved in the pics, and a Bodom song accompanies them. :scream:

Does this mean I have to go take some wintery pics of the Bodom someday. :idea:

How awesome is it that we have a member who's a Bodom fan (which is somewhat of a rarity around here, it seems) and who happens to live close to Bodom lake? Some wintery pics of the lake would be awesome.

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score

I had never actually heard that song. I loved it. In fact:

My mind was blown :lol:. No surprise, though. I need to listen to some IneartheD; I've never dedicated time to that.

Fat-Elf

Banned
Reaction score
Hah, so much pressure now. What have I done. :lol: Though, I gotta warn you that I don't have some fancy $500 system camera.

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
It doesn't matter. The blurrier the better; more m3tulz :lol:. Kinda like IneartheD songs :rofl:, I'm checking them out. They're really cool, but God, you can tell they were just demos haha.

Don Vito

Reaction score
Early Amorphis sounds a lot like the second Inearthed tape if you're looking for something similar with better recording quality.

Don Vito

Reaction score
Inspired by the Inearthed Shining cover. This lake is across the street from my house.
photo_zps87a44612.jpg

Don Vito

Reaction score

ridner

Bastard of Thousands
Reaction score
haven't listened to this band since Hate Crew Deathroll came out - their sound/style got really boring to me. never cared much for their live sound either. hard to believe they have put out 5 albums since then - if you include the upcoming one. maybe I will check the new one out once it's released.

Fat-Elf

Banned
Reaction score
And lastly, a another review, in Finnish. It's shit and only talks about 2 songs.
Tunnelmia uudesta Bodom-levystä: Heavy as fuck vai boring as fuck? | Rumba.fi

Didn't bother to translate this one as it is pretty much the same shit as the other one. Only the last paragraph: "Face ripping riffs and straight fire. Bodom still sounds like Bodom even though the melodies don't grab your attention like they used to on the first few albums." It also tells it's little more proggish and technical than the usual Bodom and "heavy as fuck" even by Bodom standards.

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
Inspired by the Inearthed Shining cover. This lake is across the street from my house.
*pic*

Nailed it :yesway:, lovely picture!

haven't listened to this band since Hate Crew Deathroll came out - their sound/style got really boring to me. never cared much for their live sound either. hard to believe they have put out 5 albums since then - if you include the upcoming one. maybe I will check the new one out once it's released.

Yeap, HCDR was definitely the turning point for this band. I liked AYDY (it actually has my favorite guitar tone from all the albums, with the second being FTR), but it's not quite up there with their older material. By the looks of it, the new one will be worth checking out, even if you've grown out of them. I'm really pumped for it. For some reason, I still have faith in these guys, even though I probably shouldn't :lol:. Again, a man can dream.

I'm curious about the DVD... but it all depends on how much I like the album haha.

Don Vito

Reaction score
Thanks! Would have been better without the shrub near the shore, but what can you do?

I guess I could whack it down with something(a scythe maybe?:lol:), but there wouldn't be much point to it anyways.

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
^Pics of the scythe :lol:. And I actually quite liked the shrubs there. They caught my attention, and made me think it gives the picture a more "out-in-the-forest-and-away-from-civilization" kind of vibe.

Don Vito

Reaction score
Good observation! I see it differently now.

Nobody fishes or swims in this lake. Totally abandoned, and it's actually much bigger than it looks. If you go up and left, there is more water.

Don Vito

Reaction score
I should also mention that these reviews(as lame as they have been) have changed my view of the album slightly. I'm not expecting old school Bodom, but a very dark and heavy Bodom.

I'm thinking Blooddrunk, but more refined. Blooddrunk could have been a good record with small changes. The Pantera-ish drop tune groove metal riffs sounded terrible on that album. Alexi's vocals could have been better, but Relentless gives me hope for that. Alexi's vocals on Relentless were pretty good, but lacked emotion and anger.

Good metal is good metal to me, they just need to put emotion and creativity into it. Relentless may have been more melodic and polished, but it just sounded so shy and commercial(Was it Worth It?). It didn't make me want to sing or headbang once. Even Blooddrunk had a few emotionally driven moments on it(2nd half of Tie My Rope, middle section of One Day You Will Cry). The production is going to play a huge role as well. Relentless and Blooddrunk sound terrible to me on those points. Blooddrunk is too loud and loose, and Relentless sounds like it was recorded under a wet blanket.

If they go for a chaotic sound, they need to own and control it.

')