Children of Bodom/Bodom after Midnight Megathread (RIP Alexi)

Don Vito

Reaction score
The ESP versions are insanely expensive, and are rare due to quantity. The LTD version got discontinued last year, but you can still find them used.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Fenriswolf

Reaction score
I haven't been able to find any used...well at least not when I have the money for one.

Black Mamba

Reaction score
Here are some more pictures of the soon-to-be video!

photo1.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo5.jpg

photo.jpg

Don Vito

Reaction score
I'd like to personally thank Peter Tägtgren for pushing Alexi on his vocals. Everything sounds promising so far!

I'm still holding out for "All Twisted" and "Bodom Blue Moon", which were described as "keepers". The new song is good, but not very memorable to me.

Don Vito

Reaction score
There's really nothing that sticks out except for the vocals. It's the shortest song on the album though.

Black Mamba

Reaction score
^ haha, I must have listened to this song about 8 times today! :lol:

Don Vito

Reaction score
20+ here

It's a good song, the problem is that my expectations are soaring in the heavens right now.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
Ah, I wish I had more time to participate in the discussion :(. Seems you've been having fun :rofl:. But alas, I have a few minutes now:

I actually quite liked that song. However, even though I like it, it doesn't seem to have any parts that stick with me (not on the first two listens anyway... aside from, perhaps, the guitar solo). It also sounds to me very different from their other material, but in a good way. The vocals sound very different, too; they sound much more polished and, as it's rare for Alexi, they sound like controlled growling. Not that I don't like his voice otherwise; I think his "messy" growling style is one of the things that make him unique. The song also reminded me of Behemoth at times, for some reason (the tremolo picking parts, in particular, combined with the vocals). It's worth noting that I haven't listened to many Behemoth songs, but it gave off that vibe. It's different from what I was expecting, but it manages to keep my hopes up! I can see this song really growing on me. Really looking forward to the rest of the album! I'm super pumped for this.

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
Also, I feel a need to point out that Roope is probably the most decrepit rocker that I've ever seen :lol:, second only to Lemmy. He just looks dirty and messed up, and that's why I love him.

Don Vito

Reaction score

I cannot understand half the stuff he is saying. He has very good taste in axes though.

Oh and I'm trying to argue with some dweeby Jari Maenpaa fanboy in the comments saying this is "pseudo symphonic black metal". At what point does this song ever try symphonic sounds? He then posted 2 awful bands saying they're 10x better or something. I like Wintersun, but their fans are always trying to one up Bodom fans with their "superior taste". All I can tell you is that I'll be listening to Halo of Blood for years to come, but I've already become bored of Time 1.

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
^ @1:30 "As you can see, nice, uh... tiger... thing" made me crack up :rofl:

Don Vito

Reaction score
"There's nothing extra on it.. see, no tremolo" *camera zooms in on tremolo*

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
^ How did I not catch that last one? :lol: I guess he meant no Floyd. He looks and sounds like an adorable old man. Except he's barely in his 40's :ugh:.

')