Children of Bodom/Bodom after Midnight Megathread (RIP Alexi)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Black Mamba

Reaction score
Maybe I did something wrong but, the shipping from Nuclear Blast was 22 euro... no way!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just pre-ordaired the CD from Hate Wear.

Yeah, the shipping does suck. Did you get the CD or Digipak? I emailed Hate Wear to confirm if the Digipak comes with the DVD and bonus cover song; just waiting on a reply.

Edit: Nice playing man! :yesway:

feilong29

Reaction score
Yeah, the shipping does suck. Did you get the CD or Digipak? I emailed Hate Wear to confirm if the Digipak comes with the DVD and bonus cover song; just waiting on a reply.

Edit: Nice playing man! :yesway:

I was wondering that myself, but, you know, I would watch it once and never watch it again lol. I just got the CD; though the digipak wasn't much more... I prolly should have just gotten that one lol, SMH!

And thanks!

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
I promise not to fill this thread up with my videos, but just one more:

Aaah man! That was utterly awesome. I was not expecting someone to respond to my comment with a cocked and loaded (Chokehold... :rofl: I'm a terrible joker) cover of that song right away. If you want some constructive criticism, I'd say try to practice a bit with the whammy a bit more to get that intonation just right. You're still better than I ever was with the whammy though! :lol: (I sucked with that thing when I had my Alexi-600).

And happy birthday! Hope you enjoy it!

feilong29

Reaction score
Just got an email back from COBHW and the digipak is inDEED a CD+DVD :D

feilong29

Reaction score
Aaah man! That was utterly awesome. I was not expecting someone to respond to my comment with a cocked and loaded (Chokehold... :rofl: I'm a terrible joker) cover of that song right away. If you want some constructive criticism, I'd say try to practice a bit with the whammy a bit more to get that intonation just right. You're still better than I ever was with the whammy though! :lol: (I sucked with that thing when I had my Alexi-600).

And happy birthday! Hope you enjoy it! (without trying to jump out of buses :lol:)

Thanks for the feedback! I definitely need to practice my whammy technique a little more :D I will have MUCH more time after I'm done with my Masters degree :/ in the meantime, I'm going to figure out another Bodom song to cover :D I really want to do Chokehold as well as Roundtrip to Hell and Back (which screams Sinergy!). In a few months, I'm gonna snag a Katakana or have my friend build me another model. Seriously though, I can't WAIT for this new album to come out!

Fat-Elf

Banned
Reaction score

Finally a little more elaborate video about the album making process.

Don Vito

Reaction score
Hell has frozen over: Alexi recording with a 2 pickup non-triangular guitar. This hasn't happened since Something Wild!

feilong29

Reaction score
Did you guys know that Roope still had this guitar??? Unless this video is super old...

Screenshot_2013-04-04-16-29-43_zps1d48d021.png

Fat-Elf

Banned
Reaction score
Did you guys know that Roope still had this guitar??? Unless this video is super old...

Screenshot_2013-04-04-16-29-43_zps1d48d021.png

Of course he has it. After all it wasn't him who was being robbed (like Alexi and Alexander) and that guitar must have tons of personal value. :lol:

Btw, Alexi just did a radio interview yesterday, too bad it's in Finnish. Weird thing was that they didn't talk a thing about the new album.

feilong29

Reaction score
He should be playing that guitar more :D Maybe it'll spark a Sinergy spin-off again :( Anywho, I think I found inspiration for my next guitar build :D OH, and have you guys noticed that, anything they play Everytime I Die live, it sounds MUCH slower???

Don Vito

Reaction score
Well he still has the ESP endorsement and all. That video was probably from like 2004 before he got his ESP's built. Alexi doesn't even use the White pinstripe ESP live anymore.

feilong29

Reaction score
Well he still has the ESP endorsement and all. That video was probably from like 2004 before he got his ESP's built. Alexi doesn't even use the White pinstripe ESP live anymore.

Ah, gotcha; why wouldn't he use his white scythe anymore? I mean, granted he has like, 10 to choose from lol. I REALLY don't like that green one though :/ I love the Katakana and the Pinky, but the black and white pinstripe sawtooth is still the OG :D Was my first expensive guitar and had it for YEARS before I sold it when my daughter was born.

Being that he used an M-II on the new album, how likely is it that there will be a solo that is recorded using the neck pickup?? Granted he said he never cared for the tone of a neck pickup, maybe he had a change of heart.

Fat-Elf

Banned
Reaction score
How do you guys know he used a superstrat on the album? I know he played some LP during the album making but a superstrat, how?

feilong29

Reaction score
How do you guys know he used a superstrat on the album? I know he played some LP during the album making but a superstrat, how?

Here you go :D and Roope played a LP as well

AlexiM-II_zps98c9c439.png

Don Vito

Reaction score
Ah, gotcha; why wouldn't he use his white scythe anymore? I mean, granted he has like, 10 to choose from lol. I REALLY don't like that green one though :/ I love the Katakana and the Pinky, but the black and white pinstripe sawtooth is still the OG :D Was my first expensive guitar and had it for YEARS before I sold it when my daughter was born.

Being that he used an M-II on the new album, how likely is it that there will be a solo that is recorded using the neck pickup?? Granted he said he never cared for the tone of a neck pickup, maybe he had a change of heart.
No he still uses the scythe, I'm talking bout the one in that video you posted. He used it from 2004-2007, but retired it.

One of my questions to Roope was if he used the LP on the actual recordings for the album, but it never got through in the interview :(

feilong29

Reaction score
No he still uses the scythe, I'm talking bout the one in that video you posted. He used it from 2004-2007, but retired it.

One of my questions to Roope was if he used the LP on the actual recordings for the album, but it never got through in the interview :(

OH! I'm sorry, I totally misread what you wrote; I saw "white' and immediate thought the Scythe... the Sawtooth had a good run!

')