Chimira's "spread the infection" codes

• Thread starter BlindingLight7
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
if I remember they said it was going to be drop B this time

Mattayus

Sir Groove-A-Lot
Contributor
Reaction score
how do you find the codes? Also, i wouldnt say that was deathcore in the slightest, just straight up death, which is something they've been edging towards for years now

Mattayus

Sir Groove-A-Lot
Contributor
Reaction score
erm... i don't quite see what you're getting at :scratch:

They're just a metal band in the same vein as LoG, Killswitch etc, but they've just been getting more death-like over the years. I don't quite see how you can fault that statement

Espaul

Reaction score
erm... i don't quite see what you're getting at :scratch:

They're just a metal band in the same vein as LoG, Killswitch etc, but they've just been getting more death-like over the years. I don't quite see how you can fault that statement

I believe I know why my good sir! because bands like cannibal corpse, deicide, necrophagist and many more are death metal bands in his opinion, and chimaira doesn't sound that heavy and (unmelodic, my opinion).

However, I see where you are coming from too, and I agree that it seems as tho' they have lost some of the metalcore uglyness :hbang:

Mattayus

Sir Groove-A-Lot
Contributor
Reaction score
Sure, they're not tr00 death, by any means, but they've been getting heavier and darker with every album since they started. They have WAY too much of a classic thrash/groove metal thing going on to be considered anywhere NEAR the likes of deathcore shit. They don't do beatdowns, no brees, i think that name just gets thrown around by any body these days.

i think to be "core" you have to have the whole package - i.e. the image and the suicidal teeny bopper fanbase, the beatdowns, the bree bree, the emo/skater clothes blah blah blah. You can't just flip into it over night after being an incredibly well established metal band for the last 8 years :lol:

Stop throwing that fucking name around kids, just because a band is doing something a bit different and you can't put your finger on what it is :noway:

Espaul

Reaction score
Stop throwing that fucking name around kids, just because a band is doing something a bit different and you can't put your finger on what it is :noway:

:squint:

They sounded a lot like the band that are called metalcore, and call themselves metalcore, therefore I can say it sounds a lot like metalcore.

Mattayus

Sir Groove-A-Lot
Contributor
Reaction score
I never said anything about metalcore, I'm referring to the people calling them DEATHcore

Latest posts

')