Chinese Fakemachine build thread

• Thread starter mortbopet
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Pikka Bird

Vaya Con Cornholio
Reaction score
Apparently this is a universal rule of the trade for people in the mail business.

"Thou shalt not handle anything at all with care"

Yeah, tell me about it... I work for GLS (major European courier service) and it seems I'm the only one who has the sort of experience (and care) that it takes to be able to do the job quickly, efficiently AND still not thrash the parcels completely.

...I can understand how the damage happens, though. It's not because the workers don't give a .... (most of the time), but the bosses are at our heels with a whip, we're somewhat understaffed and the deadlines have tightened, so it's not always possible to be careful for someone who doesn't have the natural flair for swiftly handling semi-heavy boxes and tossing them around gently (yes, there is such a thing).

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Renkenstein

Reaction score
I used to work at UPS as an unloader. It takes a LOT to unload one of those trailers, and care is of no concern to the loaders, unloaders, and dock supervisors. Speed and efficiency are everything. If the wall of boxes fall, policy is to get the eff out of the way, even if there is a box marked Ormsby on top of the stack.

That's why there's Styrofoam and shipping insurance. Shit can and WILL get busted up.

ThatCanadianGuy

Where am I? D:
Reaction score
I used to work at UPS as an unloader. It takes a LOT to unload one of those trailers, and care is of no concern to the loaders, unloaders, and dock supervisors. Speed and efficiency are everything. If the wall of boxes fall, policy is to get the eff out of the way, even if there is a box marked Ormsby on top of the stack.

That's why there's Styrofoam and shipping insurance. Shit can and WILL get busted up.

Very true. It's the price to pay when everyone wants their shit yesterday.

Pikka Bird

Vaya Con Cornholio
Reaction score

Yeah, it's the same at GLS, but if you're an old school hard worker like me then it's entirely possible to do it quickly and safely. Of course accidents will happen, but it's very rare when I'm in the trailer. I can say with some confidence that I haven't smashed a parcel in four years, even during peak unloading periods.

Le Jeff

Reaction score

Yep. I worked for those clowns for 4 months. It's f***ing disgraceful.

Pic #1: This is the back of my truck most mornings. This pile wouldn't get cleared (there was nowhere else for it to go) so that whole mess would end up falling off the belt platform 3 1/2' onto the floor.

Pic #2: Things stay in place when the truck is this full pretty well. Imagine the chaos when it's half emptied...

Attachments

• IMG-20131120-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20131120-WA0000.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 227
  • IMG-20131126-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20131126-WA0000.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 198

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
What's up with the forearm bevel on that ebony topped one? :ugh: I would think that would be just about the easiest part to get right.

Saku

Reaction score
Those pictures look like the seller took them. Have you recieved the guitar yet? - and if so, could we get a review of it?
Yes these pictures taken by seller to confirm the quality.
ok I'll write a review when i received it

jarnozz

Let´s Get Wasted!
Reaction score
I used to work for the dutch postal service.
It sucked so hard to see a beaten up package in your truck, knowing people payed a good ampunt of money for it. I only delivered them so I got to deal with the angry mob..

HUGH JAYNUS

I’m a grown ass man
Reaction score
SHIT JUST GOT REAL. I spoke to the same guy about getting one. Locking tuners, stainless frets, and bone nut still $400. and he quoted me only $30 more for a 7 string. Im doing it Next payday.

splinter8451

Reaction score
SHIT JUST GOT REAL. I spoke to the same guy about getting one. Locking tuners, stainless frets, and bone nut still $400. and he quoted me only $30 more for a 7 string. Im doing it Next payday.

I would be a little hesitant about SS frets :ugh: I doubt ol' Randy has the tools to do that. But, I look forward to seeing the thread man! :yesway::yesway:

asher

So Did We
Reaction score

Hopefully the current one comes in before then in case it's shit :lol:

HUGH JAYNUS

I’m a grown ass man
Reaction score
I would be a little hesitant about SS frets :ugh: I doubt ol' Randy has the tools to do that. But, I look forward to seeing the thread man! :yesway::yesway:

I am not worried. If that is the only issue it has, I got a guy to hook me up with cheap fretwork. But still. Under a grand total for a Blackmachine replica? .... yes

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
I am not worried. If that is the only issue it has, I got a guy to hook me up with cheap fretwork. But still. Under a grand total for a Blackmachine replica? .... yes

Yeah, that's what I don't get - you guys are calling these replicas, but they're not. The whole idea of a blackmachine was that the most important parts of a guitar were done really well, and the unimportant parts were stripped away. So what you had was a flat topped guitar with no contouring or carving, basic electronics, basic body shape, etc. But in this case, the stripped away basic guitar is there, but the stuff that makes a blackmachine significant - high quality woods and excellent craftsmanship - are not. So are you guys just fans of the stripped down look? I guess I'm not seeing the attraction. To me it would be like having a race car that was stripped of the comforts like AC, but could go really fast. And then you get a car made to look like it, but that can't go really fast. To me, $400 for these guitars seems overpriced. But, I guess I'm not the target audience. :lol:

')