Chinese Fakemachine build thread

• Thread starter mortbopet
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

flint757

Reaction score
That outer wrapping they use when shipping things from China is such a pain in the ass to take off. :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mortbopet

I forgot
Reaction score
UPDATE #3:
Today i recieved Pictures of the finished guitars.
But there are some Things that they got wrong (doesn't really suprise me though).

1. As far as i see, they didnt use korean made grover tuners, but instead locking tuners (these are an upcharge as well)
2. It doesn´t look like a bone nut to me
3. Guitar has not been made string-thru-body

for a 420$ guitar? Fine as hell!
Pictures:
HTB1on6zHXXXXXchXXXXq6xXFXXXJ.jpg

HTB1ti2CHXXXXXX6XXXXq6xXFXXXl.jpg

HTB18pTxHXXXXXcBXXXXq6xXFXXXI.jpg

HTB1toYtHXXXXXbFXFXXq6xXFXXXT.jpg

HTB1BNHrHXXXXXX4XVXXq6xXFXXXf.jpg

HTB1FYbxHXXXXXXLXpXXq6xXFXXXt.jpg

Neilzord

.Metal.
Reaction score
Look forward to seeing the NGD when you receive it and can give it a good looking over and review!

For a $420 semi Custom It looks not too bad!!!!

Forkface

Feast on this.
Reaction score
wow, that looks pretty good! :yesway:

here's hoping it plays as good as it looks, then we're good to go. :cheers:
(tell your dealer he might receive a boatload of orders tho :lol:)

manu80

Reaction score
Exactly what i would order. the bottom is really flat !!!SO juste have to see if it plays ok and it doesn't fall apart in a week ! keep us posted please !

mortbopet

I forgot
Reaction score
Asked the seller, and he told me that the locking tuners are also korean made. I could get the tuners changed to grover's, but what the heck - i'm sticking with the locking tuners.
Regarding the string-thru-body, the seller told me that they could do it, but if i wanted to upgrade to a better bridge, it would be better to drill the holes to that bridge's specs. guess that seems reasonable.
The seller is going to change the nut to a bone nut before shipping.

redstone

Reaction score
At least, the builder must be interested in guitars to know the last trends, he might even be a SSO member ^^

ThatCanadianGuy

Where am I? D:
Reaction score
Ask him to ship it without strings. You're just going to take them off the second you go to set up the guitar anyways, so it might save a few tension-related headaches.

schwiz

Lefty
Reaction score
Lookin nice! That nut may not be bone, but it definitely doesn't look plastic. May be tusq?

mortbopet

I forgot
Reaction score
I have to admit, i absolutely love those chrome covers in contrast to the finish!

Marchpip

What?
Reaction score
after checking that shop out and discovering that mayones replica, I'm definately as much excited as you are. do you have any information on how far they are and when it's going to be shipped? :hbang:

GraemeH

Reaction score

It looks so ....ing good for the money, man.
In fact, it just looks so ....ing good.

Unless the neck comes at a right angle to the body or the wood sounds like it washed up on the beach, I'd say that's worth doing whatever you need to on the hardware front to make it a keeper.

mortbopet

I forgot
Reaction score
after checking that shop out and discovering that mayones replica, I'm definately as much excited as you are. do you have any information on how far they are and when it's going to be shipped? :hbang:

It's most likely going to be shipped tomorrow (since they need to change the nut first), and then it'll most likely be here within a week or 2.
Those mayones replicas do look tasty, yes - but keep in mind, that the pictures which are currently up are from mayones' own site.
the picture that this guitar has New Factory Custom Shop Maple Fretboard One Piece Neck Through Green Quilted Top Mayones Regius Electric Guitar Free Shipping-in Guitar from Sports & Entertainment on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group is actually a picture from an NGD thread on this site.

An example of an actual chinese made mayones replica would be this one
New brand electric 8 string guitar in blue color-in Guitar from Sports & Entertainment on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

but i'm guessing, that since he's advertising it, then he's also going to produce it. But have a chat with him and ask him for pictures of finished guitars, or maby just a picture of the body template. Just something to give you a feel for the end product.

RV350ALSCYTHE

Reaction score
How did you get into contact with the seller?
Did you have to sign-up with aliexpress to start the order process?

I dont like flat asses, but the cost is very reasonable.
probably cheaper than building this myself with cheap materials

mortbopet

I forgot
Reaction score
How did you get into contact with the seller?
Did you have to sign-up with aliexpress to start the order process?

I dont like flat asses, but the cost is very reasonable.
probably cheaper than building this myself with cheap materials

Yep you have to sign up.
I've written to him about this thread so he could view all the positive and negative feedback, so if you order from him, let him know that you are coming from sevenstring.org... i guess that's atleast a little bit of quality assurance, since he knows that his guitars will be viewed/critiqued by a lot of people.

Ajb667

Reaction score
Yep you have to sign up.
I've written to him about this thread so he could view all the positive and negative feedback, so if you order from him, let him know that you are coming from sevenstring.org... i guess that's atleast a little bit of quality assurance, since he knows that his guitars will be viewed/critiqued by a lot of people.

I might have to order once I get some money. That BM looks amazing and even that mayones.

')