Chinese Fakemachine build thread

• Thread starter mortbopet
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
Crooked frets anyone?

$_57.JPG

RV350ALSCYTHE

Reaction score
I can't actually see any...point them out?

I can BARELY see what appears to be a very slight fanning on the higher frets :scratch:

Could be a bad photographic angle, misaligned neckjoint, or uneven binding causing the visual effect. Kind of looks like the bass side is a little longer.

The strings:frets looks pretty perpendicular near the nut. Near the neck pickup they stop looking perpendicular.

Hopefully they are precisely crooked so intonation is still achievable :lol:
Think of it as a 1/8 Inch fan with a perpendicular nut.

I was considering getting one as a project, but needing a new FB with aligned slots seems a bit much for a ~$400 guitar.

mortbopet

I forgot
Reaction score
JhGFY2N.png

from my unscientific analysis of the photo, i'd say that frets 14 and up does seem to have a slight fan.
The bass side of the nut also seems to be a bit longer. But nevertheless, the fret cuts should be placed properly, since they use those biggie fret slot saws that cut everything in one go. So its probably the nut which is at a small angle.

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
The eBay ad says there is a slight fan from cutting the fret slots incorrectly.

Renkenstein

Reaction score
Oh man. Good luck intonating that nightmare.

When OP gets this guitar, go buy a steel rule and measure it up. Since your experiment is aimed at "taking one for the team" and making one of these risky purchases, please be sure to follow through and provide critical measurements. It would be a shame for a bunch of people to jump on orders for guitars that are fundamentally flawed. I'm assuming you were going to do so.

mortbopet

I forgot
Reaction score
Oh man. Good luck intonating that nightmare.

When OP gets this guitar, go buy a steel rule and measure it up. Since your experiment is aimed at "taking one for the team" and making one of these risky purchases, please be sure to follow through and provide critical measurements. It would be a shame for a bunch of people to jump on orders for guitars that are fundamentally flawed. I'm assuming you were going to do so.

Of course. I aim to do an impartial review of the guitar, no worries there.

HUGH JAYNUS

I’m a grown ass man
Reaction score
i hope you get yours soon. im dying to see your review. im thinking of pulling the trigger on one of these. i cant stop drooling over them. i know a local guy who can do fretwork for me for cheap, so im not so scared.

mortbopet

I forgot
Reaction score
i hope you get yours soon. im dying to see your review. im thinking of pulling the trigger on one of these. i cant stop drooling over them. i know a local guy who can do fretwork for me for cheap, so im not so scared.

i'm pretty excited aswell.

here's a picture of the current tracking information.
kMv19Ux.png

As far as i know, tracking via ems is no longer available after the parcel has left china, so the "beijing" information is probably the last tracking information i'm going to get.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
Having ordered stuff from China myself a few times, I can tell you that the variability after it leaves Beijing is really something. You might get it within 24 hours, or it might take a few days after it leaves China. The biggest variable seems to be how much time US customs spends with your guitar. Some days they seem keen to just check the box and get the parcel on its way, other times, they want to take everything apart and scan everything with a microscope for traces of drugs.

I think it would be great to post a few fret measurements, and some comments on how poorly/well set up the thing is out of the box, just for curiousity's sake. Unlike other users, though, I don't think you owe us anything on a fundamental basis, but your feedback would be greatly appreciated. :yesway:

Good luck!

Blood Tempest

Eschaton Mémoire
Contributor
Reaction score
Subbed for updates. I'm excited about this. Rooting for you that it turns out well. Might be interested in checking out one of these myself in the future. Best of luck!

Pikka Bird

Vaya Con Cornholio
Reaction score
The biggest variable seems to be how much time US customs spends with your guitar. Some days they seem keen to just check the box and get the parcel on its way, other times, they want to take everything apart and scan everything with a microscope for traces of drugs.

He's not going to have to wait for US customs, but Danish customs. It's the same kind of dice roll, though. And how they value the package varies wildly as well. I recently received a set of tuners and a diamond file that they'd estimated at 35 dollars, even though that's probably about a third of their actual purchase price so I only had to pay a little less than 10 bucks tax, lucky me.

...The fact that they slap a 25 dollar "service fee" on top for punching a few numbers into a calculator is inexcusable, though. :realmad:

mortbopet

I forgot
Reaction score
He's not going to have to wait for US customs, but Danish customs. It's the same kind of dice roll, though. And how they value the package varies wildly as well. I recently received a set of tuners and a diamond file that they'd estimated at 35 dollars, even though that's probably about a third of their actual purchase price so I only had to pay a little less than 10 bucks tax, lucky me.

...The fact that they slap a 25 dollar "service fee" on top for punching a few numbers into a calculator is inexcusable, though. :realmad:

(Fingers crossed!)

Sumsar

Reaction score

Haha ja det er det danske toldsystem :p

Haha yeah thats the danish customs :p Also i would be worried about how postdanmark (danish postal service) handles the guitar if it is not sent as "carefull" (forsigtig) or something like that .. they are known to be complete asses about handling other peoples stuff :noplease:

')