Chinese Fakemachine build thread

• Thread starter mortbopet
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
Would they do this if shipping to the US or is it a Denmark thing? I've actually never heard of stuff like this until now.

Typically, no. The USA has all sorts of funky trade agreements, so you'd have to look up the current tarrif laws, but we do not get hosed nearly as bad as our European counterparts in receiving imports. There is still that chance that something will get mislabeled or misidentified and descend into customs hell, but in my experience with shipping a dozen or so things to Europe [especially Germany], it is pretty much a given that anything shipped to Europe will be confiscated by customs, who will invariably claim the thing is worth big bucks and demand ten or a hundred times the tarrifs that would be fair. As my most extreme example, three $5 cables [why I had to pay $50 to ship $15 worth of cables internationally is another story] were falsely identified as fiber optic sensors, and then appraised by customs at $12kUS each, resulting in a customs bill of $10kUS. This happened years ago and I still have not figured out how to successfully dispute it. I told the recipient that they had to either help me out or just buy their own cables, of which they chose the latter.

mortbopet

I forgot
Reaction score
Called the customs service today, and they replied that my provided documentation was valid. So i'll most likely be recieving the bill tomorrow, which means that the guitar will arrive by monday!

Saku

Reaction score
y0Yzmkl.jpg

KZ4V8No.jpg

SE7K4aF.jpg

3QzEBZY.jpg

LkbLMg5.jpg

Totally very good :)

mortbopet

I forgot
Reaction score
I'm going to presume that you've recieved the guitar.
Soo... you can't just post pictures of it, without saying something about it! let's get some info.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
These look pretty good in these photos. I just wish they didn't have such a flat butt. That looks wonky.

1b4n3z

Reaction score
Typically, no. The USA has all sorts of funky trade agreements, so you'd have to look up the current tarrif laws, but we do not get hosed nearly as bad as our European counterparts in receiving imports. There is still that chance that something will get mislabeled or misidentified and descend into customs hell, but in my experience with shipping a dozen or so things to Europe [especially Germany], it is pretty much a given that anything shipped to Europe will be confiscated by customs, who will invariably claim the thing is worth big bucks and demand ten or a hundred times the tarrifs that would be fair. As my most extreme example, three $5 cables [why I had to pay $50 to ship $15 worth of cables internationally is another story] were falsely identified as fiber optic sensors, and then appraised by customs at $12kUS each, resulting in a customs bill of $10kUS. This happened years ago and I still have not figured out how to successfully dispute it. I told the recipient that they had to either help me out or just buy their own cables, of which they chose the latter.

That is incredible :eek: Didn't know the Customs customs (?) differ so much within the EU - it is a Customs union first and foremost. Here in Fi Customs procedure goes as follows: 1) I get a tracking number from the shipper, 2) I check when the shipment has crossed the border and landed at the Customs physically (i.e. the same moment), 3) I log in onto the Customs website and declare the item myself, 4) within seconds I get the amount due to Customs (VAT and the tariff itself) and a link to pay it via internet banking service, 5) I pay the amount due, 6) the item is released for delivery. This takes about 5 minutes total :)

Now I guess there might certainly be a more strict process regarding goods from, say China, but stuff from the US and Japan have always gone through like breeze

EDIT: And of course it may not work as easily if the item value is suspect - better use the correct value at all times :p

mortbopet

I forgot
Reaction score
That is incredible :eek: Didn't know the Customs customs (?) differ so much within the EU - it is a Customs union first and foremost. Here in Fi Customs procedure goes as follows: 1) I get a tracking number from the shipper, 2) I check when the shipment has crossed the border and landed at the Customs physically (i.e. the same moment), 3) I log in onto the Customs website and declare the item myself, 4) within seconds I get the amount due to Customs (VAT and the tariff itself) and a link to pay it via internet banking service, 5) I pay the amount due, 6) the item is released for delivery. This takes about 5 minutes total :)

Now I guess there might certainly be a more strict process regarding goods from, say China, but stuff from the US and Japan have always gone through like breeze

EDIT: And of course it may not work as easily if the item value is suspect - better use the correct value at all times :p
Well this extended procedure is most likely due to the fact that the seller has stated an unreasonably low item value.
The danish postal system has recieved a lot of criticism about being outdated - most of this critique is based on their love affair with physical lettering. All this could have been sorted out about 2 days earlier, if it weren't for the fact that they insist that all messages from them has to be via. physical mail. Extremely frustrating!

customs payed, package is on its way again! total customs payed: 107$ + 25$ processing fee (sigh).
25% VAT and 3.7% duty + 25$ processing fee. Yay europe!

M3CHK1LLA

angel sword guardian
Reaction score
customs payed, package is on its way again! total customs payed: 107$ + 25$ processing fee (sigh).

wow thats a lot of fees to pay!

you could have had a knockoff mirabella custom ukulele built for that kind of money...

burl

Reaction score
its shipped by EMS!? hoping everything s fine when u get it with nothing broken or missing.....

vansinn

Reaction score
The danish postal system has recieved a lot of criticism about being outdated - most of this critique is based on their love affair with physical lettering. All this could have been sorted out about 2 days earlier, if it weren't for the fact that they insist that all messages from them has to be via. physical mail.

Aaaaaand.. everything here is being force-fed-switched to electronics processing. Well, good luck with that.
And go figure why they want it in writing.. Hint: The electronics communications really doesn't carry the same authenticity.

Actually, it's price converted to dkk, + 3.7% import tas, + 25 MOMS (VAT), + 25% on shipping price, + the fixed processing fee.

I usually add ~30% and is happy when it's a Bit less :spock:

My worst story was a box of GreenGlue for sound isolation, where the US seller had labeled the items a bit strange.
So, customs just picked the own high value, and added 7.5% import tax per tube of glue!
Took me 5-6 weeks to get it sorted out and money returned.

Latest posts

')