Choose Your Own Adventure

• Thread starter ArtDecade
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Pick a tone to live with forever or option 3

• Early Dimebag

Votes: 12 20.0%
  • Djent

Votes: 30 50.0%
  • or death (And not Chuck's tone either - just death)

Votes: 18 30.0%

• Total voters

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
I just had the greatest cash grab idea of time!

Tone is in the fingers. We should be making moulds of guitarists hands and making rubber gloves from them. For only $5000 USD you can play guitar with the hands of Jimi and Dime!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

kerryymm

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I think I'd get the most mileage out of a djent tone... fairly sure that in my hands it wouldn't sound like djent though :)

Werecow

Reaction score
I loved CFH - Far Beyond Driven tones. Some of the thickest, chunkiest palm mutes of all time. I don't know how anyone can listen to the slow palm muted sections of This Love and say it was thin. That's one of the main things i love about that tone, and it's perfect for the music. I'd hate it with some thin, trebly, clanky, graty in the upper-mids djent tone that's all the rage now.

After those albums, it seemed like he stopped quad tracking or something, making his recorded tone thinner and less chunky. That's when i stopped liking it.

drmayhem

Insidious
Reaction score
Early Dimebag any day. Djent just rubs me up the wrong way, like Dutch Gabba music. Too much out of tune bass and not enough squeals

BMFan30

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I just had the greatest cash grab idea of time!

Tone is in the fingers. We should be making moulds of guitarists hands and making rubber gloves from them. For only $5000 USD you can play guitar with the hands of Jimi and Dime!
Then womens sex toys market will start overlapping with the guitar market when chicks start saying that they got finger banged by Mustaine.

Then Mustaine will have to clear his name by saying it was just the tip.

BMFan30

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Ellefson just wiggles his fingers in front of a streaming camera.
Is Elleffson Italian?
iu

Latest posts

')