Chords...

• Thread starter Brett89
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

distressed_romeo

F'king ............
Forum MVP
Reaction score
And how would you descripe tremolo picking?

It's just fast picking, when the notes blur together?

No, tremolo picking just means picking the same note over and over again as fast and smoothly as possible. It comes from mandolin technique, where the player has to pick in that way to create the illusion of sustain, as a mandolin possesses virtually none.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
:agreed: Man o man, it was the bomb diggity. It was penultiumate heavy.

I loved how we arranged it for 2 guitars with me playing the higher parts with distortion, flanger, delay, and chorus and you playing the lower parts with just crazy heavy distortion. Indeed, it was penultimate heavy. :cool:

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
I loved how we arranged it for 2 guitars with me playing the higher parts with distortion, flanger, delay, and chorus and you playing the lower parts with just crazy heavy distortion. Indeed, it was penultimate heavy. :cool:

Oh yeah, i can hear that already. *shiver* That rocked.

:idea: We shoudl have done that when you were in town! Man, we gosta hang out a bit longer when next you blow into town, dude.

Brett89

Reaction score
No, tremolo picking just means picking the same note over and over again as fast and smoothly as possible. It comes from mandolin technique, where the player has to pick in that way to create the illusion of sustain, as a mandolin possesses virtually none.

So... It means that, REALY fast and smooth and possibly? So it doesn't matter how much time I pluck the string, just the lenght of time I do it, or...? I can find the right words :wallbash:

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
Oh yeah, i can hear that already. *shiver* That rocked.

:idea: We shoudl have done that when you were in town! Man, we gosta hang out a bit longer when next you blow into town, dude.

Definitely. The night you, me, and Nate hung out was the coolest time during my 2 week stay. We shoulda hung out more.

Besides, I still remember how to play about 70% of Kashmir.

Brett89

Reaction score
Two question...

If I tab down a song by hear, how can I check out that each note is correct? I tried that a played the song on my PC and played something like that on my guitar but I don't heard anything that sounded wrong... you know, there are the drum's and vocals too... so how sould I do it?

The other thing... there is a simple metal riff, how sould I find out the key of the riff? Hope you understand...

Thanks un advance!!!

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
The other thing... there is a simple metal riff, how sould I find out the key of the riff? Hope you understand...

This one, you just kinda analyze the notes and see what sharps and flats there are. Also, if you had a certain chord in mind with it, you could go by that too.

Brett89

Reaction score
This one, you just kinda analyze the notes and see what sharps and flats there are. Also, if you had a certain chord in mind with it, you could go by that too.

:ugh: ... sorry but I don't understand this... here's an example..., the riff contains these notes: E,G,C, and A#... in which key is it in?

Brett89

Reaction score
Well I sould rename this thread to "quastions from Brett"... but I don't want to open a new one for this... so...

Is it fully legal to play other bands songs on a concert? I mean, you know I would play some songs from my band and some from other, bigger bands (Morbid Angel offcores :)

distressed_romeo

F'king ............
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Well I sould rename this thread to "quastions from Brett"... but I don't want to open a new one for this... so...

Is it fully legal to play other bands songs on a concert? I mean, you know I would play some songs from my band and some from other, bigger bands (Morbid Angel offcores :)

IIRC it's fine provided you don't record and release it.

Brett89

Reaction score
It's so disturbing that when I've got the right mod for guitarplaying, I turn on my combo, and turn the overdrive on (becouse I think I hear my mistakes better) I get a headache from it! :( And it happens very often, but why? Is my tone so bad or what? :D Sould I change something or it's not a big deal? You never had any problem like this?

Thanks in advance!

Durero

prototyping...
Contributor
Reaction score
Do you have too much 'Presence' or 'Treble' on your amp? Do you play extremely loud without using ear protection (musician's ear plugs?)
I can't think of any other reasons you might be getting a headache from playing.

Brett89

Reaction score
My amp hasn't got a Presemce, in the EQ, everything is in the middle, I tried that I cut the highs but It didn't help. Well, I have a 15W amp and I don't turn the volume more then 5... so I don't know :scratch:

My dumb brother :)taunt: ) and his band practice soo loud that after a song, I don't hear 100%-ly... they say it's not a problem for them... :ugh:

')