Chords...

• Thread starter Brett89
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Korbain

Stay negative!
Reaction score
ohh i'm terrible with chords. I can play alot of different ones, but i don't have a clue what they are lol. Sad considering i been playing guitar since i was 10 haha. I've always been a fuck the theory side of it person and just going hands on. Music is one thing i really shouldn't be like that with, timing is the only thing i know...This thread has inspired me to get my game on with learning more music/guitar theory :hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
ohh i'm terrible with chords. I can play alot of different ones, but i don't have a clue what they are lol. Sad considering i been playing guitar since i was 10 haha. I've always been a fuck the theory side of it person and just going hands on. Music is one thing i really shouldn't be like that with, timing is the only thing i know...This thread has inspired me to get my game on with learning more music/guitar theory :hbang:

Even a little understanding of theory can go a long way. I'm not a master of theory, but I've studied theory through 2-3 different books, 2 music theory college classes, and a jazz teacher I had for about 2 months a long time ago. Even though I've forgotten a lot of it (I can barely remember how to read music), the knowledge I gained through it has made me a lot more comfortable with my instrument and a better song writer and improviser. Before I studied music theory, when I looked at the guitar's fretboard, I didn't see the relationships between the notes. Afterwards, I became able to see everything in how they related to each other and the way that anything can be moved anywhere on the fretboard.

Although I haven't studied theory in a while, I still recommend at least getting a basic understanding of chord structure, scale structure, interval relationships, and such other basic stuff that will really help you out.

distressed_romeo

F'king ............
Forum MVP
Reaction score
At sweep-picking do they pick random notes from the scale or they pick chords?

What Durero said. It tends to be used to play arpeggios, i.e. notes from within chords, but it can be used for pretty much anything.

Brett, I think I said before, but you'd get more responses to questions like this if you just open a new thread for them.

Brett89

Reaction score
What Durero said. It tends to be used to play arpeggios, i.e. notes from within chords, but it can be used for pretty much anything.

Brett, I think I said before, but you'd get more responses to questions like this if you just open a new thread for them.

Yes, I know I know sir:bowdown: , it's just a bad habbit... if I open a new thread in hungarien forums they kill me for it:ugh: .

')