Chris Broderick Ibanez custom

• Thread starter Kagami
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Why, what's the problem with basswood?

Total personal preference. I'm just not a fan of it.

I don't listen to Nevermore (YET, I just watched some stuff on youtube and will be buying some cds soon!) so I just checked him out. WOW! Awesome, awesome guitarist!!!! :yesway: :yesway: :yesway:

Loomis (who I am familiar with) and Broderick have a solo duel:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=G5zV-IlSvP4&mode=related&search=

Two impressive guitarists to say the least! Not too go too far OT, but if I were to get a Nevermore CD what is one of the best to pick up? Bah, 2 DotN cds... now this... :lol:

Heh. I watched that in the club. ;)

Broderick doesn't actually play on any Nevermore recordings. To hear Chris recorded, pick up Jag Panzer's "Thane to the Throne" or "Casting the Stones".

For Nevermore, most will tell you to start with "Dead Heart In a Dead World". I'm not most. :lol: I say start with "Dreaming Neon Black" and "The Politics of Ecstasy".

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
Dead heart, Enemies of Reality and This Godless Endeavor are the 3 7 string albums.
"Dreaming Neon black" and "Politics of Ecstacy" are both real good too, just a little different sounding.
I personally like the 7 string stuff better, but some don't.

Reaction score
Dead heart is an awesome album too! But Dreaming neon black kinda sums up what the real nevermore is, and it is greatly underrated. Its a perfect album, NO fillers at all. (there are no fillers on any nevermore album tho.) :D

kung_fu

Vulcan Lute God
Reaction score
This guitar would be perfect for me, with that typr of trem. Probably one of the best looking ibanez instruments i've seen in a while. I would prefer a regular headstock

jacksonplayer

The Fusion Guy!
Contributor
Reaction score
That is just a purely droolworthy guitar. And I was present for that big Broderick/Loomis guitar duel, so I can testify firsthand about how good Broderick is. He kept up with Loomis note-for-note, with no apparent effort.

Hmm, now that two Ibanez endorsers have specifically asked for, and gotten, RGA-7's, you'd think that some big brain somewhere at Hoshino would make the connection and introduce one that "the rest of us" could buy, even if only as a J-Custom. If Ibanez introduced a 7-string version of the RGA-121 (bolt-on, no fancy stuff), I'd totally buy it--and I'm no Ibanez worshipper.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
We missed this NAMM, but yeah, while I'm not holding my breath it wouldn't shock me, either, if we saw a RGA Prestige next January at NAMM. It depends how the S7 sells, probably. :shrug:

Cancer

Gazzmask
Reaction score
That is just a purely droolworthy guitar. And I was present for that big Broderick/Loomis guitar duel, so I can testify firsthand about how good Broderick is. He kept up with Loomis note-for-note, with no apparent effort.

Hmm, now that two Ibanez endorsers have specifically asked for, and gotten, RGA-7's, you'd think that some big brain somewhere at Hoshino would make the connection and introduce one that "the rest of us" could buy, even if only as a J-Custom. If Ibanez introduced a 7-string version of the RGA-121 (bolt-on, no fancy stuff), I'd totally buy it--and I'm no Ibanez worshipper.

Seriously, I'd be happy if it was Japan only, then I could at least go to Ikebe, but at this point I have to wait 'til I get signed ...which still could happen before of the end of my lifetime.

scott from _actual time_

grumpy old man
Contributor
Reaction score
Shouldn't it have an LACS logo?
LACS guitars say "prestige" on the headstock...
not necessarily--mine don't say "prestige" or have any sort of logo.

If Ibanez introduced a 7-string version of the RGA-121 (bolt-on, no fancy stuff), I'd totally buy it
hell yeah. the fixed bridge would keep costs down, even as a Prestige model. as much as they seem to want to push the RGA series, they're fools if they keep that line out without a 7.

_actual time_ on myspace

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Gosh, it sure looks a lot like an Agile Interceptor! ;)

EdgeCrusher

Reaction score
chrisIban2.jpg

:hbang:

:eek: :wag:

OMG I hope Chris Woods finishes my RGA7 body soon because that is teh secks

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Wow, that is an impressive guitar. He must be really stoked.

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
We missed this NAMM, but yeah, while I'm not holding my breath it wouldn't shock me, either, if we saw a RGA Prestige next January at NAMM. It depends how the S7 sells, probably. :shrug:

I wouldn't be too hopeful for an RGA7, how long has it been since Buzz got his? And I imagine for what it would cost, you might as well just get someone to build you a neck through, carved top super strat for the same or a little more cash, depending on what they would market the guitar at.

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score

I am firmly of the opinion that he was taking it easy on Jeff, so as to not show him up in his own band. I've seen Chris do stuff way more technical than anything he played on that duel. Not that I'm trying to slam Loomis, but Chris is far more studied and diverse. Do you know what Chris did after their set that night? Went back to the bus to practice.

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I am firmly of the opinion that he was taking it easy on Jeff, so as to not show him up in his own band. I've seen Chris do stuff way more technical than anything he played on that duel. Not that I'm trying to slam Loomis, but Chris is far more studied and diverse. Do you know what Chris did after their set that night? Went back to the bus to practice.

Man, that's a true guitarist. :yesway:

')