Chris Broderick Ibanez custom

• Thread starter Kagami
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

B Lopez

Vescere bracis meis.
Reaction score
Oh my dear god. That guitar is gnarly :metal:

I definitely agree with noodles though, but I didnt know he was that dedicated.

jacksonplayer

The Fusion Guy!
Contributor
Reaction score
I wouldn't be too hopeful for an RGA7, how long has it been since Buzz got his? And I imagine for what it would cost, you might as well just get someone to build you a neck through, carved top super strat for the same or a little more cash, depending on what they would market the guitar at.

Yeah, but an "RGA-7121" wouldn't have to cost an arm and leg--no more than the regular RGA-121, really.

Nik

Arrogant asshole
Reaction score
:eek: Amazing guitar, worthy of an amazing musician!

Still, I agree with psyphre - the mere fact that Ibanez haven't released an RGA 7 to the public is reason enough to incite a riot. I'm sure that there are plenty of us lesser-mortals who would absolutely love to get their hands on a guitar like that.

Also, I don't think that's basswood. I've always understood that basswood doesn't work very well for transparent finishes.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Also, I don't think that's basswood. I've always understood that basswood doesn't work very well for transparent finishes.

The cap is quilted maple, but that has nothing to do with what the body under the cap is made of.

jtm45

Reaction score
The top of the guitar is obviously flame-maple but it's probably basswood under that.(EDIT;Technomancer beat me too it,lol)
Where did this picture come from anyway ?
Sweet looking axe:metal:

A lot of the guitars coming out of the LACS in the last few years have Prestige logos on the headstocks purely to promote the Prestige line of guitars,not that they really have that much in common mind you.

If Ibanez ever made a production guitar that looked like that (which i very much doubt they ever will judging by what they've been putting out lately)can you imagine the horrific price tag they'd attach to it.Doesn't even bear thinking about!

Nik

Arrogant asshole
Reaction score
The cap is quilted maple, but that has nothing to do with what the body under the cap is made of.

Ah, OK, that makes sense.

Still, that'd be lame. I love basswood, but if you're gonna go all-out and make an amazing custom, it makes much more sense to use some more expensive wood :lol:

Michael

Forum MVP
Reaction score
chrisIban2.jpg

You can tell its his because of no locking nut.

:hbang:

Fuck, what a babe! :yesway:

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
is this a Custom shop or a signature model?
i was inder the impression that sig models are available to the public ?
not so with Ibanez?

jtm45

Reaction score
Custom Shop guitar not a signature.

I think those tuners are Schallers locking.They're not Sperzels because the Sperzels always have a chrome coloured tip on the post,even the black ones.

Reaction score
Thanks for the nice words about my new guitar everyone!!! I love it!!!!!!
the body is a Quilt Maple top with Mohagany back, The nut is graphite and it stays in tune very well, but you have to file them the right way for it to work correctly. The pickups will be Bareknuckles but I didn't have a chance to get them from Tim before the guitar was ready, so I had Ibanez throw in a Dimarzio Evo and Airnorton in the mean time. I will post real pics when I get the reast of my gear ready for photos as well (these were taken with my phone camera).

Take care, Chris.

Carrion

Et tu, Brute?
Reaction score
Thanks for the nice words about my new guitar everyone!!! I love it!!!!!!
the body is a Quilt Maple top with Mohagany back, The nut is graphite and it stays in tune very well, but you have to file them the right way for it to work correctly. The pickups will be Bareknuckles but I didn't have a chance to get them from Tim before the guitar was ready, so I had Ibanez throw in a Dimarzio Evo and Airnorton in the mean time. I will post real pics when I get the reast of my gear ready for photos as well (these were taken with my phone camera).

Take care, Chris.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

')