Chris Broderick's Pick Clip

• Thread starter shadowsea
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I got one from him at NAMM - it's awesome for Jazz IIIs. :yesway:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

frogunrua

Lord of the Afros
Reaction score
He who gets one of these and puts a Petrucci sig pick in it, will make a lot of people jealous.

robertkoa

Reaction score
I notice people who use this on Demos are using it as a flatpick.

Has anyone used it on a demo to free the index finger - and allow upstrokes and downstrokes with thumb while using OTHER fingers on the higher strings .

It's difficult to do upstrokes with thumb so if this works it would free up the index finger ....

I seem to need only a tiny bit sticking out and the picks I use when soloing are softer than the clicky thumbpicks . Again - this is for neo classical fingerpicking ( for me) not to replace a flatpick for Solos ...

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
7253d7434588315b05cd8a0b718fee83--fantasy-story-dark-fantasy.jpg

jco5055

Reaction score
I notice people who use this on Demos are using it as a flatpick.

Has anyone used it on a demo to free the index finger - and allow upstrokes and downstrokes with thumb while using OTHER fingers on the higher strings .

It's difficult to do upstrokes with thumb so if this works it would free up the index finger ....

I seem to need only a tiny bit sticking out and the picks I use when soloing are softer than the clicky thumbpicks . Again - this is for neo classical fingerpicking ( for me) not to replace a flatpick for Solos ...

I bought one, and I never gelled with it. You need to use a thin pick, meaning even a Jazz III 2.0 is too thick for it, and I'm not a thin pick guy.

But I did have the idea that you have, where i thought I could maybe learn how to pick with an open hand to free up the other fingers, but it was just too weird for me haha.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
I ended up buying one a few months ago when Chris made a batch of them available.

It does seem to be the most comfortable pick holder I've tried so far, but the fact that it won't fit Jazz III Petrucci's 2.0mm really kinda killed it for me. I think a regular Jazz III would be a bit too small for this. Tried it on a normal 1.0mm pick and it was decently comfortable.

Also, good luck bending it out of shape to fit a slightly thicker pick. Titanium is a hell of a material! It is quite bendy, but it is very elastic and will return back to its original shape. Plastic deformation on it is a pain... especially for someone that isn't familiar with working the material.

For now, it sits unused in one of my guitar cases. Maybe one day I'll give it another shot. For now, normal, run of the mill chicken pickin' it is!

Sumsar

Reaction score
Should we report this necromancer to the church?

I have also had a pack of 4 of these for years. They fit fine with the Dunlop Tortex sharp, which is what I used back when I got it. In many ways it worked fine for lead playing, however the major issue for me was that when you do rhytm playing, especially fast tremolo picking across multiple strings. It feels like it can wobble a pit when you pick hard.

I sort of forgot that I had them, guess I should dig them out and give them another try - nowadays I am using jazz III like everyone else and my technique has changed quite a bit over the years, so maybe they will work for me now? Will be reporting back.

robertkoa

Reaction score
I bought one, and I never gelled with it. You need to use a thin pick, meaning even a Jazz III 2.0 is too thick for it, and I'm not a thin pick guy.

But I did have the idea that you have, where i thought I could maybe learn how to pick with an open hand to free up the other fingers, but it was just too weird for me haha.
Thanks for the response . I ordered one to see if it will be better than just my thumb itself for PianoGuitar stuff.

')