Chris Cornell quits Audioslave.

• Thread starter NDG
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

crayzee

Treehugger
Reaction score
I like the first Audioslave Album pretty much, the stuff afterwards lacked something...just didn't touch me in any way.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
"I wish the other three members nothing but the best in all of their future endeavors."

Man, the is the most generic, canned crap I've ever heard. WWE says that same shit when it posts on their website regarding wrestlers they fire.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
I've always found Audioslave pretty boring. I like RATM and I like a lot of Soundgarden, but I can't think of too many bands more boring than Audioslave. Even Chris Cornell's solo album (from like 1999 or so) was a lot lot more interesting than Audioslave.

BigM555

I SS.org Salute You!
Contributor
Reaction score
Even Chris Cornell's solo album (from like 1999 or so) was a lot lot more interesting than Audioslave.

Yeah, some of the Audioslave stuff was cool and all but I could never help feeling they were holding him back.

Euphoria Morning was definitely a singers album and was kinda tame in comparison but MAN can that guy sing!

I'm all up for whatever Chris Cornell is selln'

BigM555

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
With the RATM reunion, and Cornell's solo album coming out, color me unsurprised.

:agreed: Exactly my thoughts. I actually listened to Audioslave's new disc (my brother in law has it) and it's a pretty rockin' album. Im glad he's doing solo stuff though. I can't wait to hear it. Cornell has always been one of my favorite singers. :yesway:

GH0STrider

Resident Gangsta
Reaction score
Yeah, some of the Audioslave stuff was cool and all but I could never help feeling they were holding him back.

Euphoria Morning was definitely a singers album and was kinda tame in comparison but MAN can that guy sing!

I'm all up for whatever Chris Cornell is selln'

BigM555

not a big audioslave fan myself, but i though cornell's solo effort was terrible and i would never buy another record from him. he needs to cut his loses and get back together with soundgarden. the other guys havent dont shit since they broke up anyway.

Lozek

Desk Magnetic
Contributor
Reaction score
I heard Audioslave once, but i'd already heard Led Zeppelin so I turned it off :lol:

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
Tom Morello is just awesome. I wish I had the jam with him, Vai, Satriani, and Gilbert on video. The guy's not a shredder obviously, but can totally hang with those guys because of his unique playing.

GH0STrider

Resident Gangsta
Reaction score
tom actually has some chops, like most modern guitarists he holds back a bit. i dont know what thats all about. i know the man has some licks. hes to focused on making fucked up sounds then just jamming. but hey thats his style.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Tom Morello is just awesome. I wish I had the jam with him, Vai, Satriani, and Gilbert on video. The guy's not a shredder obviously, but can totally hang with those guys because of his unique playing.

Actually, the dude isn't a Satch-level shredder, but he can certainly let rip. Track down the first Rage album - I forget the track name, but maybe the third track or so, the band goes from this heavy, screamed vocal section to a very jazzy interlude, and Morello unleashes a stream of fusion licks. It's hilarious simply because of the contrast, but it's also really good too.

I also really liked the first Audioslave album, and at least enjoyed their later stuff. Sure, it wasn't as innovative or original as either side's previous efforts, but it was just a really GOOD straightforward rock album, and those are getting fewer and further between.

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
About fucking time. I think Cornell lost his talent when he lost his voice. Audioslave was a monstrous disappointment. I never expected them to be so boring.

ohio_eric

Contributor
Reaction score
Actually, the dude isn't a Satch-level shredder, but he can certainly let rip. Track down the first Rage album - I forget the track name, but maybe the third track or so, the band goes from this heavy, screamed vocal section to a very jazzy interlude, and Morello unleashes a stream of fusion licks. It's hilarious simply because of the contrast, but it's also really good too.

I also really liked the first Audioslave album, and at least enjoyed their later stuff. Sure, it wasn't as innovative or original as either side's previous efforts, but it was just a really GOOD straightforward rock album, and those are getting fewer and further between.

I think the track you're talking about is "Settle for Nothing" it's some pretty damn fine playing. There's a DVD on Audioslave in Cuba where Tom, Brad and Tim do an instrumental version of "Bulls on Parade" and in addition to the scratching like a DJ solo Tom just rips off some pretty cool licks. He's a far better conventional player than he gets credit for.

Korbain

Stay negative!
Reaction score
About fucking time. I think Cornell lost his talent when he lost his voice. Audioslave was a monstrous disappointment. I never expected them to be so boring.

yes they were one of the more boring bands, i had high enough expections because of the line up, but shit! it was bad :noplease:

')