Chris Letchford leaves Strandberg for Kiesel

• Thread starter AkiraSpectrum
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MetalThrasher

Thrash & Burn
Reaction score
Yeah, that's just a little too much bling for me LOL. Just noticed the other switch. Wonder what that's for? I'll bet they charge at least $200 just for that color.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TheDandy

Reaction score
Yeah, that's just a little too much bling for me LOL. Just noticed the other switch. Wonder what that's for? I'll bet they charge at least $200 just for that color.

Coil tap possibly? Maybe there'll be a kiesel video about it and it'll explain more.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Well at least he ditched the pacman inlay. This would actually have been pretty cool in that blingy blue sparkle of his CL7, and while this is pretty tasteful for a Kiesel, not super feeling it. Has in been shown in a video yet? Curious how that finish reacts to the light, and I saw them teasing it a couple weeks ago.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score

I asked Jeff because I was curious (you guys know I love sparkle finishes :lol:), he said it's a $600 upcharge for that one. :(

Watty

Naturally Cynical
Reaction score
I thought the dig was the result of it being so polite. Ola handled himself amazingly well with that statement and therefore made anything that results from this (good or bad) completely on Chris....which is where it should be.

That aside, his new guitar looks terrible compared to the Strandberg. I hope Ola keeps selling it sans the inlay.

RPG_Guitars

Reaction score
I just bought a Strandberg CL7 on the used market made in the Washburn custom shop. This may be selfish but now I'm feeling a even better about the purchase. I imagine there was not a ton of CL7's made and sold. I wish we could get a count on how many were produced, not including the OS line.

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
Classy move by Ola, but he shouldn't be mad. He gets to keep playing Strandy's and not Kiesels ;-)

xCaptainx

Dr Djodson
Reaction score
Lol

14039936_10207053317356444_6560786676138517242_n.jpg

Post was swiftly removed shortly aftewards :lol:

TheDandy

Reaction score
Classy move by Ola, but he shouldn't be mad. He gets to keep playing Strandy's and not Kiesels ;-)

Doesn't seem like he was mad, just happy for Chris. But agreed on strandy vs kiesel :lol:

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
No he didn't seem like he was mad. I was just joking. As for Strandberg vs Kiesel. I wouldn't trade my OS for anything that Jeff builds more or less giving up made to measure guitars for sparkly gold Vaders.

TheDandy

Reaction score
No he didn't seem like he was mad. I was just joking. As for Strandberg vs Kiesel. I wouldn't trade my OS for anything that Jeff builds more or less giving up made to measure guitars for sparkly gold Vaders.

Agree 100%. Getting an OS 8 L in a couple months. So excited :scream:

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Not that there's anything wrong with it, but man, I have trouble keeping up with who is endorsing who. Artists change companies pretty dang fast. I see the purpose from the exposure and the reduced cost instrument for the endorsee and endorser, but as a consumer I have no real desire to own one, because it means very little. I'd like to see an artist come out with something groundbreaking, but that rarely happens. I guess the companies don't want to go too far outside the box on design. But I'd love to see more things like Becker's Numbers guitar. That's pretty cool. Or if Tosin's crazy Beluga gets made.

TheDandy

Reaction score
Not that there's anything wrong with it, but man, I have trouble keeping up with who is endorsing who. Artists change companies pretty dang fast. I see the purpose from the exposure and the reduced cost instrument for the endorsee and endorser, but as a consumer I have no real desire to own one, because it means very little. I'd like to see an artist come out with something groundbreaking, but that rarely happens. I guess the companies don't want to go too far outside the box on design. But I'd love to see more things like Becker's Numbers guitar. That's pretty cool. Or if Tosin's crazy Beluga gets made.
Totally agree. I want to see more unique designs rather than a slightly modified super strat. Strandberg has the right idea, as do a few others, but some of the bigger names need to follow suit.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
Good for him, I really don't care who endorses which company since endorsements are usually more of a benefit for both party's expansion and growth. It only really matters to me if I like the model enough to buy it :lol: Interesting bit is on Chris' website it says he's working on a signature model with them.

http://www.chrisletchford.com/

I know Ola doesn't really like working with cocobolo so that could have been a decision for the move as well. When I needed a neck rebuild on my Koaberg last year I was offered a different choice of neck wood since the operations had moved from Washburn to the Sweden Shop.

KnightBrolaire

Meth Detal
Reaction score
I hate his kiesel. I was really hoping he'd go for a more interesting finish than dollar store bling gold. Does the guitar come with a case of red bull and goldschlager?

wannabguitarist

Contributor
Reaction score
Is the gold really that much worse than the sparkle blue? Bright sparkle finishes are inherently tacky :lol:

')