Chris Letchford's Guitar Technique Book

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Explorer

He seldomly knows...
Reaction score
Formerly from Cucaramacatacatirimilcote...
Sorry for the necro bump, but has anyone here ordered his new tapping book?

19220131.jpg

theo

Got Hype(machine)?
Reaction score
I found the real thread after I found this one, I also searched and came up empty handed, it wasn't until the tapping book thread showed up in new posts that I was aware of it

kabz

Reaction score
Bumping again because I'm really curious about the practicality of the tab book and how much mileage I can get out of it. (As a six-string player)

EDIT: Double post sorry

But I'm going to go ahead and get the technique book AND tapping book anyway. I figure I'll still learn a bunch even without a 7-string.

And I bumped it because I haven't heard a member talk about the tapping book, but when I get it I'll let you guys know how it is.

Fiction

For Mod
Reaction score
The technique book was written for 6 string to begin with anyways, not too sure about the tapping but I'd say its the exact same :)

Captain Butterscotch

Reaction score
I own the tab book and it's pretty awesome. There's a lot of good exercises that you can adapt to your own style and all of them except a few in the beginning are applicable in a musical environment.

kabz

Reaction score
The technique book was written for 6 string to begin with anyways, not too sure about the tapping but I'd say its the exact same :)

Yeah I just searched for Chris' posts on here, and the tab book is written all for 6-strings which is great news. :yesway:

Volteau

the Bard
Reaction score
Hey guys, I need to open the book as its been over a year since it came out and I can't remember off the top of my head. But if there is a "A" it should only be when there is hybrid picking, the "A" stands for "ring" finger on the picking hand. Its from classical theory. I'll check the book though just to make sure it wasn't a typo, it shouldn't be as there are technique exercises in there for hybrid picking.

Anyways... glad you guys are digging it!

This. The A stands for Annular, which means ring or circled shaped (in this case, Annular-finger means ring-finger). I have to explain it all the time to my students so they can relate it semantically. Hope that helps.

And concerning the book, I'm buying today, so w00t!

kabz

Reaction score
I haven't received any shipping info for this.

Anyone else care to shed light on how long it took to receive their book?

I know Chris mentioned somewhere he has to ship them himself, but if I have already been charged, I expect to know when I will receive my product.

TheShreddinHand

Uber Stringer
Reaction score
I haven't received any shipping info for this.

Anyone else care to shed light on how long it took to receive their book?

I know Chris mentioned somewhere he has to ship them himself, but if I have already been charged, I expect to know when I will receive my product.

Aren't they on tour right now? Might be a while cause yeah, Chris ships em' himself. He'll get it to ya, don't worry!

Eric

kabz

Reaction score
Ah so they are.
Looks like Sept 23 is their last date scheduled.
I guess that's a good enough excuse, but they don't have a buddy/manager/etc that could help them out? Hopefully I get it sometime in September.

wespaul

Octaves of Manhattan
Reaction score
Aren't they on tour right now? Might be a while cause yeah, Chris ships em' himself. He'll get it to ya, don't worry!

Eric

Oh man, are you serious? I sort of skimmed the first page, and decided that I'd give this book a try. Went ahead and paid with the expectation that it would be sent within the next business day, or two. I hope he has somebody shipping them for him, because I don't remember reading anything like "hey guys, I ship these myself and I won't be back until the tour's over."

Here's to hoping.

Latest posts

')