Christian Wolbers signature 7.....

• Thread starter Battle-axe
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Battle-axe

Reaction score
I saw this on the fear factory site recently and got some info for it from the FF forums, sounds nice :

http://www.fearfactory.com/html/index.htm?xtian.htm~mainFrame

It's apparently going to be available in the following colors :
Natural Mahogany
Black
Blue/pearl red
Gretsch green
Silverburst 2 tone (with a floyd rose trem)

and also a Camo finish is supposedly gonna be available. Price is estimated to be arnd $1000.

I wldn't mind getting two of these infact (one with and one without the trem).:)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Well, its a metal rythm guitar, cause thats all fear factory does. lol . They dont need anything else. They could use a 4 string guitar tuned BEAD and still be able to play all their songs...

Mecki213

Reaction score
Yeah, that guitar is fugly. Actually, the only thing that really ruins the way it looks IMO is the reverse headstock. Oh well, on the bright side, its another new 7 string making its way into the hands of the public! Maybe it will inspire more people to take the reigns of a 7 string.

stuh84

The Viking himself
Contributor
Reaction score
I think its quite nice personally, not the red, I like the idea of the other colours, if the prices that are mentioned towards the end of the thread are true ($680) are true, I may end up picking one up sometime

rx

Reaction score
HateBreeder said:
Well, its a metal rythm guitar, cause thats all fear factory does. lol . They dont need anything else. They could use a 4 string guitar tuned BEAD and still be able to play all their songs...

no.......................

there's freedom or fire... and also you need the G string for some chords

but that's about it. :p

Vince

Contributor
Reaction score
I played it at Namm. It's light as a feather. I didn't get a chance to plug it in, but I am concerned with how it will sound because the guitar just feels way too light.

The display one was jet black, neck through, with 1 EMG pickup and 1 volume knob. Pretty damn smooth looking guitar, that's for sure:
18.jpg

Battle-axe

Reaction score
I wish the ones tht are gonna be available to us were neck-thru as well, unfortuantely they have a bolt-on neck joint :(

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
It's an absurdly simple guitar- one knob, one pickup, no switching, and a fixed bridge. I could see that price quote being a realistic street price.

I'm not sure I understand the relationship between guitar weight and tone, nor do I expect to for a long time, but I'll tell you my UV sounds deeper, louder, and more resonant than my 7620, which it is significantly lighter than. This could be because of the front routing, but it could be the wood itself.

My solution? Buy lots of 7's and see which sound better over time, the lighter or the heavier. I like this. :)

-D

Vince

Contributor
Reaction score
Drew said:
I'm not sure I understand the relationship between guitar weight and tone, nor do I expect to for a long time,

It's more of a critique on the wood. You wouldn't play a cork guitar, would you? :) Most of the time, IMO of course, Mahogany guitars sound better for my style of music than most others, and traditionally mahogany is a dense, thick, heavy wood. Many Ibanez guitars are made out of basswood, and the mahogany ones (IMO once again of course) usually sound better.

When I felt how light the guitar was, it made me think it wasn't well made. That's just a first reaction-type opinion. Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to plug it in and find out if it was any good.

rx

Reaction score
desertdweller said:
It's more of a critique on the wood. You wouldn't play a cork guitar, would you? :) Most of the time, IMO of course, Mahogany guitars sound better for my style of music than most others, and traditionally mahogany is a dense, thick, heavy wood. Many Ibanez guitars are made out of basswood, and the mahogany ones (IMO once again of course) usually sound better.

When I felt how light the guitar was, it made me think it wasn't well made. That's just a first reaction-type opinion. Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to plug it in and find out if it was any good.

have you ever played an ESP with mahogany body? light as a feather! :scream:

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
I am not concerned with the weight of the guitar. I'm only concerned with tone. Is it me, or is that reverse Jackson headstock flippin' HUGE?!?!?!

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
Sephiroth000 said:
What does being fat have anything to do with it..?

Better tone. Or at least that's what I keep telling myself. :lol:

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
desertdweller said:

Mahogany sound better than Basswood? I don't know about better; definitely different. I've got both, and one doesn't sound better than the other, just different (more justification to my wife to own multiple guitars :D)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

')