Christians vs Atheists. whats the deal?

• Thread starter MorbidTravis
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
i honestly think some people believe in God because they're told they're supposed to and that's the same thought process they try to pass on to others...

others feel that something in their life has proven to them that whatever god/deity/what-have-you really and truly exists and they want you to see what they've seen or whatever...

i mean these are the same kinds of things that happen when we have discussions in here about mahogany vs basswood...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JBroll

Hard-On For Freedom™
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't remember, I haven't been up for murder in quite some time.

The bigger problem right now is that the state legislation is seriously considering a creation-based public school 'science' curriculum. Texas is great in a lot of ways, but Texans ruin it far too often.

Jeff

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
i think i've heard something about that aren't a couple states talking about that? and putting those disclaimers on the front of science books and all that lame crap?

Atheists seem to be growing into the majority. Or atleast an equaltine. The majority of people I know don't believe in a higher being.

i completely get what you're saying... at the same time... the "people you know" are hardly representative of the overall population

hairychris

Hairy Old Bloke
Reaction score
Atheists seem to be growing into the majority. Or atleast an equaltine. The majority of people I know don't believe in a higher being.

Hm, you'll find that the majority of people in the majority of countries world wide believe in, well, some sort of religious nonsense.

Hell, you've even got the UN who're potentially going to make a binding resolution making criticizing religion illegal (as long as it complies with national laws, however it seems to contradict the UN's resolution on human rights).

Fuck that.

ZeroSignal

Meal Team Six
Contributor
Reaction score
Man, we should get some creationists/fundis in here so we can all duke it out. :lol:

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
Hm, you'll find that the majority of people in the majority of countries world wide believe in, well, some sort of religious nonsense.

Hell, you've even got the UN who're potentially going to make a binding resolution making criticizing religion illegal (as long as it complies with national laws, however it seems to contradict the UN's resolution on human rights).

Fuck that.

Fuck that indeed... :agreed:

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score

Fuck that.

fuck that indeed indeed :agreed:

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score

Really? Where? Most surveys in the US show that over 90% of the population believes in a higher being (whether that be the Christian god, Muslim god, Jewish god, Hindu gods, god or gods from some smaller religion, or they don't believe in any particular religion but they believe that "something" is out there).

I personally find that kind of disturbing, but Atheists are FARRRRR from the majority. We are in the extreme minority.

Fuck that.

Ah, yes. If you look at the whole world, almost everyone believes in a religion and Atheists are almost a microscopic minority. :lol: The US's over 90% believing in a higher being seems pretty small compared to a lot of other countries actually (and pretty big, I guess, compared to some European countries--or Japan, for example, where people are mostly agnostic with Buddhist and Shintoist traditions just mixed in for tradition's sake).

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
Maybe it's just that most of my friends have converted to atheism.

Latest posts

')