Chrome Framus Custom Shop 7 String.

• Thread starter jtm45
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ihave27frets

Reaction score
It probably uses the same bolt joint as the ESP Hybrid, there are 2 bolts in the neck pickup cavity which go the opposite direction (through the neck to the body).

[/url]

You are correct. Its a really strong joint, feels like a set neck.

kindred_spirits

Reaction score
Sweet looking axe, I've always like Framus' designs.

Also, Tom Anderson's new designs use a 2 bolt system, and its rock solid.

xwmucradiox

sweep.tap.sweep
Reaction score
Is there any evidence that its actually a wood body? Its a customshop guitar. It might actually be a chrome plated metal body.

ohio_eric

Contributor
Reaction score
FramusCustomDiablo7.jpg

Let's review. We have before us a Chrome 22 fret seven string guitar with a SSH pickup config.Being a Satch lover from way back I love me some chrome guitars. If that guitar had a trem I'd be sitting in my own feces right now.

the.godfather

Mr. Flibble
Reaction score
I've always wanted to try a couple of their 6 string models. Especially a Diablo Custom. But they sure are pricey though for what they are. Although I have heard some very good things about them. It doesn't suprise me at all that the 7 strings cost that much more.

b3n

...Is unacceptable.
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm sure they're good instruments, but all the pictures i've seen of them, they look really cheap in.

I don't think the pickup rings are helping too much with that... they could at least chrome them or something..?

Stitch

Banned
Reaction score
I wonder how easily the finish would 'corrode' - like Jem7DBK chrome pickguards do - what would you do then?

If it is just paint, even then, that thing would get filthy fucking quickly, unless you played wearing gloves.

But I like. :lol:

Is there any evidence that its actually a wood body? Its a customshop guitar. It might actually be a chrome plated metal body.

Because they aren't James Trussart Steelcasters, and a solid metal body plated with chrome would way a tonne, and a hollow one would be horrfically microphonic.

ihave27frets

Reaction score
I have a Diablo custom 7, its a very soild feeling guitar, sounds good, plays good...neck is a bit big and upper fret access sucks.

Alex-D33

Golderak is King
Contributor
Reaction score
Looks killer !!!!
would like to know if they make a floyd model like this one ...
I guess a second mortgage is needed to buy one of those axe...lol

xwmucradiox

sweep.tap.sweep
Reaction score
I wonder how easily the finish would 'corrode' - like Jem7DBK chrome pickguards do - what would you do then?

If it is just paint, even then, that thing would get filthy fucking quickly, unless you played wearing gloves.

But I like. :lol:

Because they aren't James Trussart Steelcasters, and a solid metal body plated with chrome would way a tonne, and a hollow one would be horrfically microphonic.

Trussarts arent very microphonic at all. Maybe you are thinking prone to feedback but they are really quiet and controllable in all regards.

jtm45

Reaction score
I love those Trussart guitars:hbang:
I've got a Tele with a hollow Aluminium body and it's not microphonic at all or even prone to feedback,and it's got a BKP Warpig in the bridge so if anything was gonna' make it howl that would.

Stitch

Banned
Reaction score
Trussarts arent very microphonic at all. Maybe you are thinking prone to feedback but they are really quiet and controllable in all regards.

I know they aren't. But the reason they are hollow with those 'meshy' bits is because Trussart found solid bodies (and ones that are sealed with no 'holes') produced horrible microphony.

He said it an article of Guitar Buyer, i think. I'll dig out the article if y'all like.

But i agree - they are awesome. Played them a handful of times but we couldnt get them at my work. :noway:

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
risky business, imo. fingerprint city, but i wonder how it plays.

that through a JSX... hm... lol..chrome heaven?

metalfiend666

-
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Framus is Warwick basses in case anyone was wondering. Ovangkol is used on their bass necks.

Cheers Dan :yesway: Explains the similarities between the headstocks. My friend's band are Framus amp endorsee's, I'll ask them if they've had a chance to try the 7's.

Wiz

Reaction score
I checked the Trussart site. Those guitars look really sweet, but I'm not so sure about their sound or weight. Are they actually playable? (They're also ridiculously expensive)

')