Chuck Schuldiner 10 year Anniversary Rememberance Group

• Thread starter Riff-King-Steve
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys, I know a lot of people were influenced by Chuck Schuldiner or his main band Death, so I created a group on facebook in which you post a video of you playing a Death song, your favourite Death riff, album or song and explaining why and thing of that nature in rememberance of his death from cancer 10 years ago.

It'd be ideal to get the covers uploaded on Tuesday the 13th as it will be the 10th anniversary of his death but anything uploaded all of next week would be awesome.

Chuck Schuldiner 10 year Anniversary Rememberance Group

Check it out, and even if you don't post a cover, maybe say some words or post something because I'm planning on sending it to the Emptywords site for his family and friends to see and it would be great for them to see a big response.
So relearn those Death songs and shred for Chuck!

Steve :hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

InertSolo

Reaction score
Man I'm actually practicing Crystal Mountain right now, can't believe it's almost been 10 years :( . Wish I was a little better at the song so I could post a cover up for this. Awesome idea though!

Reaction score
Cheers guys, @Inertsolo, practise hard this weekend and post it up! Other than that, feel free to post anything else Death or Chuck related!

ShadowFactoryX

OMNIHILITY
Reaction score
necrophagist should actually record their version of crystal mountain in his memory

EDIT: LOL WAIT it wont be out for another 10 years :lol:

Shogun

Reaction score
*sigh* Wish i had the equipment to do this. Really cool way to pay tribute to chuck though, kudos. Hopefully someone will post a video playing see through dreams...

Reaction score
I couldn't record my cover so I wrote a review/ overview on my favourite Death album instead. Thanks to everyone who contributed to this.

Spiritual Healing is my favourite Death album, and one of my favourite albums of all time.
There are reasons for this that go far beyond written description, but I’ll express some of my thoughts in this review.

Firstly, the combo of Chuck Schuldiner and James Murphy is, in my opinion, the absolute epitome of pairings for tastefully composed yet brutal guitar parts, all of which are memorable.
I feel that the solos on this album have just the right mix of being ‘metal’ and shreddy whilst still retaining some insane melody work and interesting phrases.

Every song on this album is strong and original which is one of the reasons that I love it so much, as well as the lyrical and vocal content. Chuck manages to convey a strong message in every song, with some really intense and descriptive lyrics running throughout, like the image of a child being born crippled and addicted to drugs in ‘Living Monstrosity. This coupled with the intantly recognisable way that the vocals are delivered in Chucks distinct, trademark voice, make for a thought provoking listen.

Bill Andrews drum work on the album is absolutely crushing. It doesn’t quite match the technical proficiency laid by Sean Reinert, but it more than makes up for in it pounding double bass passages and sick grooves throughout every song, providing perfect accompaniment for the technicality of the guitars and thunderous bass.

The next reason that this is my favourite Death album is the way it was produced. The production on is a fantastically balanced medium between the raw intensity of Scream Bloody Gore and Leprosy and the polished intricacies of later Death like Human etc. It retains the ‘classic Morrisound’ sound that Scott Burns became notorious for in the Tampa scene.

Overall, this is a 100% unforgettable album and I feel it was not only the best line-up for Death, but the one that could bring out the best in Chucks writing.

My top 3 Spiritual Healing moments;

3.) The Solo trade off in ‘Altering the Future’
2.) The lyrics about robots fucking stuff up in ‘Genetic Reconstruction’
1.) Sick harmonised intro to ‘Within the Mind’

R.I.P Chuck you were, and still are, a legend that changed the face Death Metal.

Latest posts

')