Chuck Schuldiners Mother Interviewed (Sad content)

• Thread starter ittoa666
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
I'll have to watch the video later, but his mother sounds like an awesome person

ittoa666

Being confused on SS.org since 2008
Reaction score
I don't wanna watch the video in fear of having water come out of my face.

ChuckLee

R.I.P. Chuck
Reaction score
I remember me and my brother getting the memorial video from Chuck's mother not much after his death. I cannot explain what I felt the first time I watched it...

s_the_fallen

Contributor
Reaction score
Very sad and moving video. Chucks music still rocks to this day. He was a musical genius.

EliNoPants

Reaction score
there are chunks of the Control Denied album that still blow my goddamn mind even after having it for years

in looking forward to hopefully good things, i know Chuck's nephew inherited his guitars, does anyone know if he has any bands or anything?

tacotiklah

I am Denko (´・ω・`)
Reaction score
I don't wanna watch the video in fear of having water come out of my face.

I had a small tear in my eye when I watched it because chuck is the sole driving force behind the music I play and the lyrics I write.

Seeing him open up his present on christmas day to reveal his first guitar amp (a small 1x10 regal combo from the looks of it) was really cool.

I will be getting the new Control Denied cd just as soon as I find out where to buy one.:yesway:

Deadfall

Reaction score
Man...made it through about 15 seconds of the memorial vid..so sad.

CrushingAnvil

Ironically enough, now in Jesus Land
Reaction score
Jane: I receive many e-mails from young metal musicians with that problem, and some moms. I say to them that when my son became interested in the music, when even our mailman worried a bit, I supported him in his choice. Chuck acknowledged that in a magazine interview. It never occurred to me not to, maybe because there were no signs of anything except a deep interest in music, maybe not my interest at the time, but I respected his choice. It should be that simple to parents, this is their children's music choice, as Elvis was ours, and our parents worried also. What they wear, the color of the clothes, their hair, that's not something to worry about, their behavior is what to look for. I always knew where Chuck was, and so did all the other parents in our neighborhood know where their children were, they were all in my garage with Chuck. I fed them snacks and drinks — nonalcoholic! — and missed them all when Chuck went off to seek his future. One of the best times of my life, those young people. It could be theirs too, and will forge a deep bond with their children.

Such a good mother :wub:

Listening to 'Human' now.

behemoth91

Reaction score
you know its cool growing up in the metal community, especially if you have a mom as cool as chucks, my moms the same way with me. R.I.P chuck, keep shredding in heaven man.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Damn, what a killer interview. Chuck always was an amazing person, and with a mom like that, it's easy to see why.

Cyntex

love & peace!
Reaction score
I like it how they still sell Death t-shirts at my local metalshop, good too see that even though Death and Chuck are no more, his legacy still lives on. Depressing video though.

Metalman X

The Resplendent Sub-Human
Reaction score
Makes me proud to hail from the same god forsaken island as this man. Gave me chills.

Ditto that! :metal:

I'm psyched that the last Control Denied record is seeing fruition. That disc, along w/ any Death album we're just brilliant, and way ahead of their time.

"Fragile Art Of Existence", "Symbolic", and "The Sound Of Perseverance" are amongst my go-to albums anytime I'm in a writing slump or just need a good kick in the ass. :hbang:

')