Chushin Gakki closed.

DaddleCecapitation

Manatees Last Breath
Reaction score
So I heard that Chushin Gakki, the factory that makes Pro series Jacksons and Pro-Mod Charvels, is closing. As of yet I have no idea whether this will be temporary or permanent, but the cause of the closure apparently is the tsunami that struck about a year ago.

Evidently, Jackson Guitars have stopped advertising all Pro series guitars on its website.

I'm kinda anxious as I was awaiting what would develop from the Pro models later in the year, but now I'm uncertain that the Pro series will even continue to exist.

:mad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

troyguitar

Reaction score
Doh, I didn't realize that. I just figured the prices were getting too high so they were moving most new models to China.

DaddleCecapitation

Manatees Last Breath
Reaction score
Some folks at JCF forums are also saying that it was bad dealing with FMIC that forced them to close. The rising yen forced them to keep dropping their prices. At one point they were manufacturing guitars at a lower rate than Korean factories.

Sucks, because they won't be re-opening.

elrrek

Contributor
Reaction score
Yup. sad news indeed. I've been holding off picking up a Pro Mod for the last 12 months and I decided I was going to get one this summer and now there is a distinct possibility that I'll end up playing almost as much for a 2nd hand one as I would have for a new one. The number of available new ones in stores here in Europe is drying up :(

Also, the prospect of only being able to buy an Indian or maybe Chinese Jackson import is not as comfortable as knowing that there are Japanese guitars out there.

troyguitar

Reaction score
I'm assuming this means at some point we'll see a new mid-level series either out of Mexico or the USA like the Fender Highway One or something. I doubt they'll stick to guitars that are all under $1k or over $2k.

DaddleCecapitation

Manatees Last Breath
Reaction score
JCF also received response from Charvel. They said that the Pro Mod production was halted but they did hint at the possibility of continuing manufacture elsewhere. I'm feeling pretty bad for the owner of Chushin Gakki, having to look for another job and all.

TonyFlyingSquirrel

Cherokee Warrior
Reaction score
Sucks that those jobs don't reside stateside. Lot's of Americans out of work, and I for one don't mind spending more to employ one of my own.

Metal_Webb

Needs more strings
Reaction score
Sucks that those jobs don't reside stateside. Lot's of Americans out of work, and I for one don't mind spending more to employ one of my own.

I think the same way, problem is the average Joe is a greedy asshole who only thinks short term and only wants to spend the smallest amount possible :noplease: They have no idea the long term damage it does.