Circle K Strings has now added 7, 8, and 9 string sets to their site!

• Thread starter MF_Kitten
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Captain Shoggoth

Gotoh 1996T shill
Reaction score
holy shit, that .008-.082 8-string set is literally the exact kind of gauges I've always hoped for in a set

I knew Circle K were good, but wow

TheDepthsWillRise

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. I was just looking for 7 string sets a few days ago, and they didn't have any up yet.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Could be that I'm on a mobile browser. I can't find the main page,
So I just typed in "8 string" and a list came up.

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
They have some weird gauges though, not a single recognisable set haha! I'll have to send of an e-mail in their direction, their prices are not that bad and they do get a lot of praise around here.

Yeah they look really odd to me. Not sure what ones to try.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
Yeah they look really odd to me. Not sure what ones to try.

Many of their gauges are "one higher" than what most companies make. a .86 instead of a ,85, .53 instead of .52, etc.

The gauges look odd, but that's why i love Circle K Strings: Their sets are made to be used! The gauges in each set is chosen to have balanced tension. They also offer different set types based on the balanced ones too, where you can get light or medium top string sets as well. This way, you can have really nice and tight low strings while retaining the looser normal feel on the high strings.

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
Said this in the other thread but I'll say it here as well. No drop tune sets, so I'm still buying a 6+1 or 7+1 set :lol:

MikeK

Reaction score
9-76 is fucking perfect for my 27" 8 string Ibby. I have an 80 on now and its just too much and kills tone.

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
Many of their gauges are "one higher" than what most companies make. a .86 instead of a ,85, .53 instead of .52, etc.

The gauges look odd, but that's why i love Circle K Strings: Their sets are made to be used! The gauges in each set is chosen to have balanced tension. They also offer different set types based on the balanced ones too, where you can get light or medium top string sets as well. This way, you can have really nice and tight low strings while retaining the looser normal feel on the high strings.

:yesway: The sets are perfectly constructed - The math behind D'addarios, Ernie Balls etc really makes little sense

There is a new updated unit weight chart too, for anyone who had sets made out might want to check how some strings have changed
http://circlekstrings.com/CKSIMAGES/UnitWeightChart130105.pdf

And a tension chart with all string categories, with 25.5 and 34 in one.

Robby the Robot

The President Bits
Reaction score
They would release these now, on sale at that, when I just order some strings from the yesterday before they announced these were becoming available. :lol:

')