Claas custom headless NGD - review

• Thread starter dragonbiscuit
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

yingmin

Parker über alles
Reaction score
I don't mean that as an excuse for Claas, but the fact that every brand that shows up on here has people that sing their praises and others that post guitars with INCREDIBLY evident flaws and 'bad experiences' leads me to believe, overall, there's clearly a significant mismatch in expectations among us; some of them more obvious, some of them less (Santuzzo, can you hear me? ;))
This might be what you're referencing, but there was a thread here recently where a user bought a custom bass from some company that only made implausibly pointy instruments with absurdly long scale lengths. When he posted the thread, he not only made no mentions of the many obvious flaws the instrument had, but actually excused them away when every other poster in the thread pointed them out and complained about them.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jrui

Reaction score
worst so-called hand-made guitar I've ever seen, ever .
even s7g/bernie rico didn't gone that far , done that bad .
INCREDIBLE.
Shame on you claas guitar.

Slunk Dragon

Gear Nerder
Reaction score
Jesus, I'm sorry to hear that this guitar turned out in such a sorry state!

Judging by all the pics of his other work too, this isn't a guy I'm going to invest money in.

EchelonXIII

Reaction score
Quality control is one of the most important things among any profession, but especially high end guitar building. An instrument costing as much as this should not have such readily identifiable flaws.
THIS THIS THIS, 100 TIMES THIS.
It's a shame how some companies who ask as much as let's say a PRS modern eagle do such a shoddy job at building them, where other guys who ask no more then the price of a decently priced ibanez prestige don't get the benefit of the doubt.

I think it's a beautiful thing that a ton of builders are popping up, but with stuff like this happening not a lot of people are willing to fork out the cash blindly to get an instrument built to custom spec.

The Q

The Engineer
Reaction score
Did he refund you?

All I get from this thread is that, unless Alex profusely apologises and offers a refund, or better yet, a new, spotless build, his business IS going to suffer by his reputation going down.

Then again, someone who claims ignorance about such blatant QoC mistakes, is either lying (thus making him incapable of doing proper customer relations = untrustworthy) or is being unskilled (making the prospect of giving them money... not great, to say the least!).

He's obviously downplaying the effect a negative reputation in SSO can have for a builder and this is a road others treaded and suffered the consequences. Unless he apologises to you and offers you a new build that proves to be excellent, I don't think he'll be having a very bright future here as a luthier.

Taikatatti

Reaction score
It really sucks that this guitar turned out like that, and it sucks even more because looking some facebook photos, reading other reviews and searching at youtube, Alex can do a lot better than that. This mess needs to be refunded.

Latest posts

')