Claas custom headless NGD - review

• Thread starter dragonbiscuit
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
While your point is valid, I believe it's beside the point being made in the text quoted. Homeboy was saying that it's a bit disheartening that people's knee jerk reaction is often to come up with the most elaborately violent scenario as a means of getting even with someone. There are far more civil ways to express your frustration.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Musiscience

Reaction score
While your point is valid, I believe it's beside the point being made in the text quoted. Homeboy was saying that it's a bit disheartening that people's knee jerk reaction is often to come up with the most elaborately violent scenario as a means of getting even with someone. There are far more civil ways to express your frustration.

I am with you guys on this one, just trying to make sense of the hate on this forum when a builder goof up.

I am slow to comprehend sometimes when tired and have one beer too many. I think I better go to sleep than continue posting :lol:

Zsharp

Reaction score
I love my claas, I paid 2200 usd and it's a very fine guitar for this price in today's market, I play in a touring band that plays across the Midwest and southern regions of the US and I invite anyone to come play my guitar and see for yourself!

Jake

GAS Master
Reaction score
I love my claas, I paid 2200 usd and it's a very fine guitar for this price in today's market, I play in a touring band that plays across the Midwest and southern regions of the US and I invite anyone to come play my guitar and see for yourself!
I can already see for myself that OP's guitar is fucked and wouldn't even want to touch another guitar built by this company simply by the reasoning that they let something like this at that cost leave the shop and make it into the customers hands.

That's just bad business and a surefire way to lose a ton of customers

DapperEagle

Reaction score
Er...I suppose it gives the guitar a 'rustic' feel.

Ridiculous that a guitar that costs that much shipped in such a dire state with blatant errors like that. 'Full custom' or no, it's still not acceptable.

boingti

Reaction score
I did state that my comment was unhelpful lol. I just gave an honest opinion of how I would feel if I handed over 2500 to someone and had that delivered to my door. I would not expect perfection but for that money I would expect a damn sight more that that!! I'm a firm believer in showing the respect I'm given and if I was in the buyers position why the hell would I show the builder any respect, he's certainly shown none to the buyer by sending that out. Slight imperfections are bound to happen but any one of the faults on that guitar should have been enough to start again, especially at that price tag.

JP Universe

Giggity
Contributor
Reaction score
Guys, listen.... I had a couple douchebags tell me I was out of line for my Siggery comments a month ago. Don't go custom unless it's Ormsby or Thorn. In these parts anything else just leave it. (When you thought customs were easier than productions)...

ElysianGuitars

Reaction score
Guys, listen.... I had a couple douchebags tell me I was out of line for my Siggery comments a month ago. Don't go custom unless it's Ormsby or Thorn. In these parts anything else just leave it. (When you thought customs were easier than productions)...

I don't agree with this for obvious reason :lol:

Really, don't go custom without vetting the company first. It's the same with cars, it's the same with amps, with anything you buy really.

Zsharp

Reaction score

The lack of nut is a little odd, bends on the higher strings sometimes get a slight plink, I'll be having a custom nut built for this but as you can see my neck came out great otherwise! I really am confused as to why Alexander shipped that out, the most expensive component was certainly the Strandberg hardware, I'm sure he was invested in it at that point but why not start over the wood and build process couldn't have cost more than a solid build reputation, I really have to wonder because my moby dick prototype is nothing near this bad I can't call out any major flaws other than the bend issue and he openly lists on the page that prototypes are NOT perfect which is why they are offered at a cheaper price.

nyxzz

Reaction score
There's literally no excuse for that kind of shit on a guitar costing ANY amount of money. I'm so sorry you got majorly screwed on this one. There is simply NO way that the builder was not 100% aware of all of these faults unless he was just blackout drunk during the entire build. Things like this give custom guitars a bad name when there are hardworking reputable builders out there churning out quality axes. Shameful.

Possessed

Reaction score
I checked them in the messe this year. The build quality is not good

')