CLAAS GUITARS - Custom Shop Guitars from Germany

• Thread starter ClaasGuitars
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Duuuude! 9 strings!! So can you tell us the specs? Like the scale lengths. And what is the base price for a 9 string? I know you have established numbers for 6,7,8s, but I don't know about 9s.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score

ClaasGuitars

Reaction score
First Claas Guitars Leviathan Bass B5. Awesome instrument, some other will follow!

Attachments

• 004_Claas-Guitars_Leviathan_Bass.jpg
    004_Claas-Guitars_Leviathan_Bass.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 31
  • 002_Claas-Guitars_Leviathan_Bass.jpg
    002_Claas-Guitars_Leviathan_Bass.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 29
  • 007_Claas-Guitars_Leviathan_Bass.jpg
    007_Claas-Guitars_Leviathan_Bass.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 28

ClaasGuitars

Reaction score
Hello Guys,

I did not post a lot in a long time, because I had really much to do. It is great how much people like my guitars! Thank you a lot for that!!!

We will exhibit at the NAMM show in January booth #1388 and I hope to meet a lot of people there. If you are there, please come over and have a talk with us!

For now here are some photos of our latest works, and I will try to post more often from now on!

very best regards,
Alexander Claas

Attachments

• 004_Claas-Guitars_0715.jpg
    004_Claas-Guitars_0715.jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 81
  • 001_Claas-Guitars_0615.jpg
    001_Claas-Guitars_0615.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 71
  • 005_Claas-Guitars_0515.jpg
    005_Claas-Guitars_0515.jpg
    285.5 KB · Views: 95
  • 001_Claas-Guitars_0415.jpg
    001_Claas-Guitars_0415.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 80
  • 000_Claas-Guitars_0315.jpg
    000_Claas-Guitars_0315.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 89

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
It'd be awesome if we could get someone there to check these out and hope the craft's gone up to where it should be, because they really are excellent designs.

Synesthesia

Reaction score
It'd be awesome if we could get someone there to check these out and hope the craft's gone up to where it should be, because they really are excellent designs.

Was there an issue with the craftsmanship on these? I'm not on here much so I might have missed it.

Cloudy

Pacific Wood Lab
Reaction score

Ian King

TheThoughtWalrus
Reaction score

I'll be going to NAMM! I'll try and check out as much as I can and take pictures for you guys :)

ClaasGuitars

Reaction score
It is sad, how one case, can make such a bad impression on a whole company.
But I made my point on this and will not talk about that any more.
If anyone has questions, everybody is welcome to call or to write and email or have chat over Skype, I love talking to people and show them what we do.

Here are some photos from the Musikmesse in Frankfurt in April! It was really awesome to meet so many cool people!!

Some more will follow in the next days!

very best,
Alexander

Attachments

• 012_Claas-Guitars_Musikmesse-Frankfurt-2015.jpg
    012_Claas-Guitars_Musikmesse-Frankfurt-2015.jpg
    268.8 KB · Views: 55
  • 032_Claas-Guitars_Musikmesse-Frankfurt-2015.jpg
    032_Claas-Guitars_Musikmesse-Frankfurt-2015.jpg
    282.6 KB · Views: 64
  • 030_Claas-Guitars_Musikmesse-Frankfurt-2015.jpg
    030_Claas-Guitars_Musikmesse-Frankfurt-2015.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 61
  • 004_Claas-Guitars_Musikmesse-Frankfurt-2015.jpg
    004_Claas-Guitars_Musikmesse-Frankfurt-2015.jpg
    278.8 KB · Views: 86
  • 001_Claas-Guitars_Musikmesse-Frankfurt-2015.jpg
    001_Claas-Guitars_Musikmesse-Frankfurt-2015.jpg
    380.1 KB · Views: 76

Erockomania

Studio Geek
Reaction score
But I made my point on this and will not talk about that any more.
If anyone has questions, everybody is welcome to call or to write and email or have chat over Skype, I love talking to people and show them what we do.

Here are some photos from the Musikmesse in Frankfurt in April! It was really awesome to meet so many cool people!!

Some more will follow in the next days!

very best,
Alexander

It was not that it was one guitar, it was how truly bad that guitar was... and it that it was actually shipped to the customer. If it can happen once on a guitar that was so blatantly screwed up, it can happen again. Folks SHOULD be wary. As with any company that screws up on this level, you will have to try MUCH harder to prove yourself and should not just rinse your hands of it. I'm not saying this to be a dick... it's just the way business works. I do wish you luck because your designs are pretty cool.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score

That's quite true, but in your case there's not any other information. Only one that I know of being bought here was sold. No one with a trustworthy opinion is raving about them. The photos were awful and you didn't really own up to it IIRC. If you're a customer and you only have one point of data, then you can't treat it like an outlier. It's not like that's not a just opinion or "sad", it's just be rational, especially in light of all the terrible builders that have their brief moment of popularity on SSO.

But I agree - the video Kayzer did sounded fantastic and super mean. I like the moby dick shape. I love the green burl finish. Would love to see some flawless versions of these hitting the market. A ton of high res pics of finished instruments would certainly help sway my own impression of these.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Yeah, I agree with narad. I love your designs, and would love to get an 8 string from you. But there's just no way I am comfortable giving you money up front for a build that would take months or years. Not that I know you well enough to not trust you, but that I don't know you well enough to trust you. And around here, most of us have been burned by luthiers, and my ignoring the outlying data point. Unfortunately, there can not be really any "giving the benefit of the doubt" or being innocent until proven guilty, because the BRJs, Viks, Invictuses, Brutalizers, Roters, etc of the world have ruined it for all of you luthiers trying to run a business. These days I'm on the hunt for an in-stock or used instrument.

ClaasGuitars

Reaction score

Attachments

• 007_Claas-Guitars_Moby-Dick_1015_Case.jpg
    007_Claas-Guitars_Moby-Dick_1015_Case.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 57
  • 001-_MG_6793-koffer_claasguitars.jpg
    001-_MG_6793-koffer_claasguitars.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 47
  • custom_shop_bass_case.jpg
    custom_shop_bass_case.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 75