Claas Guitars - Leviathan - Custom 27" Baritone 7 String

• Thread starter Kayzer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ShadowFactoryX

OMNIHILITY
Reaction score
i love that guitar, but idk wtf it is that you're playing there.
seems to have a really comfortable body and it looks a bit on the smaller side

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

L1ght

Truth Over Triumph
Reaction score
i love that guitar, but idk wtf it is that you're playing there.

Sorry, lol, but I kinda have to agree with him. It was a little... out there? I mean yeah, nice playing, definitely. But I couldn't stick with it lol.

/whocaresright? :lol:

-42-

Nothing to see here
Reaction score
The straight up Blackmachine headstock is impeding my ability to enjoy the wackiness of that body shape.

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
I don't like extreme shapes, but for some reason I dig this one. Crazy, but classy. :yesway:

Rotatous

Reaction score
Looks classy as hell!

Not for my tastes, but still looks killer, especially that top- I will say that the Blackmachine style headstocks are a bit overused on a lot of customs I've been seeing on here

Scattered Messiah

Kassandrian Dreams
Reaction score
looks great :)
the top is stunning, I can imagine it to look extremely 3D and fluid gold-ish in good/sun light.
How about some more specs?

@Claas guitars: Good work man!

about the communication "thing": I was in the way of ordering a fanned fret, headless 8 from Claas Guitars (the shape just screams headless FF to me).
the communication was great: fast, open to ideas and honest, as was was the designing process.
However then my strandberg slot came up, and I figured I'll have to postpone this project, but I'll sure get one of your guitars someday :D

ShadowFactoryX

OMNIHILITY
Reaction score
Don't you mean "claasy"? :cool:
i+see+what+u+did+there.jpeg

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
The top has no cutaway, rather it is extended, and this is to rest your hand for tapping, but that is where the raised Claas logo is... doesn't that feel uncomfortable? wouldn't you have preferred to have the logo in a place that isn't intended for resting your hand?

even so this guitar is so goddamn cool. I also am really into tapping so I find myself thinking that this style of guitar is ideal for me.

mcsalty

Keepin' it Kodos
Reaction score
like everyone else said, that's a killer top. those riffs sound pretty cool, minus the "choppiness" (for lack of a better word) of the recording. do you have a finished/fully recorded version of the song?

yingmin

Parker über alles
Reaction score
I think the reverse headstock almost completely throws off the aesthetic of the guitar. The Blackmachine/Skervesen-style headstock (which are both basically Parker-style) would look like the literal head of a large beast, with a long neck extending from a vaguely whale-like body.

I also just hate reverse headstocks.

Awesome guitar.

capoeiraesp

Reaction score
I heard you guys like small luthiers doing crazy custom axes.

DSC04526_zps782fb6ca.jpg

Gnarly looking guitar and a sweet burl top. I gotta ask, what happened to the binding at the top tip and in general? It seems to vary in thickness a bit.
Also, the spacing & alignment of the tuners seem a tad off. Is this to get straight string pull?

ClaasGuitars

Reaction score
Gnarly looking guitar and a sweet burl top. I gotta ask, what happened to the binding at the top tip and in general? It seems to vary in thickness a bit.
Also, the spacing & alignment of the tuners seem a tad off. Is this to get straight string pull?

I think it is just the way the photo was shot. The spacing is the same.

Pat_tct

Reaction score
The top has no cutaway, rather it is extended, and this is to rest your hand for tapping, but that is where the raised Claas logo is... doesn't that feel uncomfortable? wouldn't you have preferred to have the logo in a place that isn't intended for resting your hand?

not at all.
when i visited his workspace i got 2 play a couple of his guitars. it took me 5 minutes to get used to not have an upper horn and beeing able to wrap your hand around around the neck after the 12th fret.

it also improves the way you ankle your wrist. keeps your hand straight.

plus the body is really comfortable. thile standing as well as while sitting.
really sits nice in front your belly

Pat_tct

Reaction score
agree. at first it looks strange but gets prettier everytime you see it^^
finally got to see the video (due to beeing at work and videos are blocked).

great playing. awesome riffage.

')