Classic "help me with a custom" post

NightmareGoggles

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'm looking at ordering (or making as I have made a guitar before) a custom 6 string (or 7 if it's not too much more expensive) headless multiscale guitar.

I tried a Strandberg in the past and absolutely loved the feel of it, but most of the ones I like are well above $2,800. I was looking at Halo but saw bad things about them here so I stopped looking there. Currently looking at Balaguer (and Aristides, but those are quite pricey), but being able to get the head and body custom and do the rest myself would be ideal as I have done that a custom which I got a Warmoth blank body and head and cut the shape and stained it myself and fit almost all the hardware, so if there's anything like that, that would be my preference.

TL;DR
I need suggestions on other builders that do custom multiscale headless guitars for preferably less than $2500. The ideal situation for me would be to get a headless neck and body from a place similar to Warmoth with the nut and frets already in and do the rest myself as I have done that before.

1. Multiscale and headless are a must.
2. Don't need anything fancy (5-way switch, more than 2 knobs, trem)

Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

sell2792

Reaction score
I guess I'm not understanding what your question is? Are you asking about brands? What's your price range? What features do you want besides headless and maybe six or seven strings? What kind of music do you play? Do you want multiscale? Also, if you want your own body shape thats going to eliminate most brands like Kiesel, Balaguer, etc.

NightmareGoggles

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Sorry probably should have put some bullet points or something, I'll update it.

I'm mostly just asking if anyone has other custom builder suggestions that aren't well over $2500, or ideally someone like Warmoth that does headless parts.

I'm pretty standard when it comes to other needs, I don't need a 5-way blade switch, nor do I need a ton of knobs (standard tone and volume, I never touch tone anyway), multiscale and headless are the only real essentials, I've found my fingers conform to multiscale better.

I said custom body shape because that's what I did on my fully custom build, I was simply saying if there were someone like Warmoth but with a headless blank I would make a custom body, as I've done that before, but the bodies from custom builders I've seen so far look great so I don't need a custom body shape.

I play a wide range of stuff, but mainly stay within Metal playing a ton of different sub-genres there (Gojira, Mudvayne, SOAD, Nightwish, Blind Guardian, etc)

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Custom never equals cheap, dude. And cheap customs are NEVER good, they just aren't. Just find a cheap Strandy and have it refinished or something. There are plenty to be had sub $1500.

NightmareGoggles

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Custom never equals cheap, dude. And cheap customs are NEVER good, they just aren't. Just find a cheap Strandy and have it refinished or something. There are plenty to be had sub $1500.
When I say cheap I don't mean sub 1000 or even sub 2000, I understand a good custom will be well above 3000, but I'm hoping there's some middle ground between 2000 and 2500.

Really I'm hoping to find someone like Warmoth but with headless pieces, Halo does that but after what I've seen here I wouldn't buy from them. In the end it may come to finding a Strandberg on Reverb, buying that and putting the pickups I want in it (Lace or DiMarzio), but I'm holding out hope I can find options other than Balaguer as that's around my price range.

Latest posts

')