Clean Rectoverb settings?

• Thread starter DragonGuitar
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DragonGuitar

Reaction score
Hey, I'm going to test out and possibly purchase a rectoverb 50 combo, and I need someone to give me advice on good clean settings. My ideal clean tone would be something similar to john petruccis cleans, (ex. Repentance, On the Backs of Angels intro, In the Name of God intro, you get the idea) so an almost "acoustic", glassy, chiming clean (i realize JP uses a piezo), no signal breakup. I have seen a couple demos of this amp that have a great clean tone, but I couldn't find out the settings. JP also applies various effects like reverb/delay, which I don't really have at the moment, but I will eventually get. Anyone have this amp and have any advice?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

cGoEcYk

Reaction score
The presets in the manual may be a good start. You probably want pretty low gain and high master or channel vol to keep it really clean. Beyond that... use the Treble control to adjust the primary flavor (as Treble impacts the frequency points of the other controls) and then adjust Mid and Bass after that, Presence last. With Rectos I tend to slightly adjust the clean channel based on the guitar I am using and other variables like how new the strings are.

')