Click track and backing tracks.

• Thread starter juice_74
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

juice_74

Reaction score
Hey,

I play in a band where we have a few electronic/synth sounds written to go behind the instruments, there arent many of these sections in our music so there wouldnt be any point bringing in a keys player.

I figured we go with a click track and pre made samples of our synths playing out of the PA.

Audio tracks will be made with the Click panned hard to one side and the synth panned hard to the other, then send a mono click track to the my drummer and then the mono synth track to the PA.

My question is how do I set this up so my drummer can get the click playing through the left and right speaker of his headphones even though its a mono signal.

I have a 3.5mm jack to plug into the source that splits into left and right RCA currently, what else would I need to ensure both left and right headphones will receive the mono audio.

Cheers

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

wlfers

Reaction score
What are you using for the samples? Are you also using a mixer? Our drummer carried around both.

juice_74

Reaction score
Someone was going to create the synth tracks using frootyloops or something and we were going to pan it hard to the left and then have a click panned hard right.

Going to be playing them out of an mp3 player.

Beat Poet

Reaction score
I did something similar for a couple of gigs as part of a two-man project. All you need to do is to get a small mixer for the drummer, and plug the jack/XLR coming from the iPod/sampler into a mono input. He can then plug his earphones into it. The mixer will also double up as your drummer's very own independent volume control!

')