Close call - I almost crashed my car head on

DevinShidaker

"AN IDIOT"
Reaction score
I have to deal with this type of thing a lot too, I'm just glad I have cat-like reflexes for that type of situation. About 2 weeks ago, I had to take my cousin with MS to get his infusion shot, and from his house to the clinic is about an hour drive on some backroads. They aren't winding roads, just somewhat hilly, so the speed limit on them is 55 MPH. On our way home I came over a hill and some guy was stopped waiting to turn into his driveway, and I was driving my aunt's chevy avalanche, so slamming on the breaks wouldn't have helped. So my body went into adrenaline-holy shit-slow everything the fuck down and assess the situation-over ride mode, and I saw a clear shot for me to jump across the street into some grass and then into a parking lot, if I would have gone right I would have went down a hill into some trees. It was scary as fuck, but I avoided a serious wreck and didn't do any damage. Backroads are dangerous when more than a few people are driving on them!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

')