Cloudkicker/Meshuggah Influence

• Thread starter florianm
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

florianm

Reaction score
Obvious influence by Cloudkicker and Meshuggah. Some ideas that I've been playing with this week. I've gotta see if I like it this way then go back and record some things better.

Espresso and Cream-Master by bobkat on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Guitar strings are over 2 months old so it sounds a little dull. The bass guitar is all programmed so that's a fail as well. I just put it together to hear the structure. I'd like to know what fans of the genre think so far.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Universe74

Reaction score
I like. I am using 4front for bass so don't feel bad. What are you using?

ViolaceousVerdance

Reaction score
I like what you're doing here. The single note line guitar tone is pretty baller, old strings not withstanding. That's about as "chill" and "happy" as things inspired by MESHUGGAH get.

florianm

Reaction score
Thanks!

I'm using whatever bass program comes with Sonar. But, I'm going to borrow a bass from a friend today and record it! I'm also going to restring and re-do the guitars.

This song does have that sort of "happy" sound in a way. I didn't really try to push it in any direction I guess thats just how it ended up.

Chris Finster

Reaction score
In terms of getting what you were going for i think youve achieved that here.

I however think the track is eq'd rather darkly, and overlimited.

florianm

Reaction score
Thanks, I guess to the first thing. My only real goal was to write a song that centered around an odd grouping on 16th notes set over 4/4. So I guess I did do that. I didn't really have a specific sound in mind and this is just how it came out.

As far as the mastering and EQ goes, I think it may be due to the old strings and midi bass. I just replaced the file with one with real bass and new guitar strings. I think it sounds better. I'd like to hear if you agree.

Espresso and Cream-Master by bobkat on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

')