coffee thread

neurosis

Reaction score
Agreed. But on the flip side, I also find exercise does a lot to mitigate the negative effects of caffeine. If I'm running and/or lifting, I can have at least 3 cups a day before I start to notice lower quality sleep or anxiety creeping in. If I'm just sitting around all day working on my computer and teaching, two cups is pushing it...
I have developed a high tolerance and it hasn't been healthy. Then getting off of it has been hard. I chalk that more to the frequency and the comforting habits than the quantity through. It's almost like a cigarette to me. I get the thought of reaching for coffee a hundred times a day. It must be a coping mechanism at this point or as you point out part of the anxiety.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Metropolis

Reaction score
I started to put oat milk to my coffee a while ago and it's pretty good. You just have to find one which makes the mouth feel of the coffee thicker and doesn't taste like you just put oat porridge in there. My favorite ones so far in here are Oatly iKaffe Barista edition and Valio Oddly Good.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
I started to put oat milk to my coffee a while ago and it's pretty good. You just have to find one which makes the mouth feel of the coffee thicker and doesn't taste like you just put oat porridge in there. My favorite ones so far in here are Oatly iKaffe Barista edition and Valio Oddly Good.

The barista oat milk from Lidl (grey carton) is also pretty good, almost identical to the Oatly and costs only 1.49€. My wife drinks that so I use that as fallback if the normal milk runs out, and the difference is minimal.

')