Cognition / Carvin DC800 Playthrough (Experimental prog/claro walnut content inside!)

Sean1242

Very Left Handed
Reaction score
Hey, guys.

I made a playthrough video for one of my songs off the ep I released earlier this year and would love for you to check it out. I used my Carvin DC800 for all of the guitars in the song as well as my Fender Jazz bass (ash body) for the bass tracks. All tones are achieved via my Axe Fx II.

Thanks, dudes! :shred:

Also, try to avoid playing any guitars in subfreezing temperatures :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Cloudy

Pacific Wood Lab
Reaction score
As always lovely work Sean. Only problem is your guitars backwards xD

Johnathan

Gearhead
Reaction score
My body aches seeing that guitar outside in the snow:scream:! It's not good for the wood OR hardware to be exposed to sub zero temperatures, extreme temperature difference. Aside from that.

Nice playthrough! The guitar looks lovely!

Daken1134

Reaction score
Nice playthrough i know how it sucks to do those outside i was attempting one and just gave up (lighting was being a pain in the ass) some constructive criticism (not that i have any room to talk) the song could use a little more dynamics possibly put another even droning guitar in the back or something along those lines and the other thing is the video and music not syncing up in some areas, idk what program you use to edit your video but ive discovered allot of times you cant go by the preview video (i use sony vegas) i have to listen to the track and then the camera audio and line the audio up that way otherwise it gets a little outa whack. all in all though i enjoyed the vid and song :)

Sean1242

Very Left Handed
Reaction score
Nice playthrough i know how it sucks to do those outside i was attempting one and just gave up (lighting was being a pain in the ass) some constructive criticism (not that i have any room to talk) the song could use a little more dynamics possibly put another even droning guitar in the back or something along those lines and the other thing is the video and music not syncing up in some areas, idk what program you use to edit your video but ive discovered allot of times you cant go by the preview video (i use sony vegas) i have to listen to the track and then the camera audio and line the audio up that way otherwise it gets a little outa whack. all in all though i enjoyed the vid and song :)

Yeah, I noticed it right when I exported the video that it wasn't perfectly in sync in some clips :wallbash:. Since I'm not huge into video making, I just decided to use Windows Movie Maker since I don't have any other program and it was a pain to get things how I really wanted them but after this experience, I'll probably buy something soon that's way better. Thanks for the constructive critisism :D

Latest posts