Coheed and Cambria - The Afterman

• Thread starter The Omega Cluster
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

tbb529

Reaction score
I think this is my favorite Coheed album since Good Apollo 1. I only like a few tracks off GA2, and didn't really like anything off YOTBR. I think the member changes really rejuvenated them, and I absolutely can't wait for Descension.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

The Reverend

GHETTO KING OF SWAG
Reaction score
I won't have time to pick up the album until this weekend, but I've been jamming the stream of the album nonstop.

Guitarmiester

Awesome-O
Reaction score
You won't be disappointed by either band live. I've seen Coheed on every tour for the past 3-4 years and finally saw The Dear Hunter when they opened for Anthony Green on his last solo tour.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Im pissed I missed the show they played here last week, literally found out they day after. Im not much of (listened to one song) a fan of The Dear Hunter but 3 and Coheed together wouldve been awesome

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
I always really liked the instrumental parts of their songs, but are all the lyrics so angry/bitter?

AddisonsOwn

Reaction score
never been a huge fan of this band, musically they are great but his voice rubs me off wrong. Saw them open for Slipknot and they got booed bad, I actually felt bad, but I dig the new stuff.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
Damn did they really? I wouldn't have seen that coming, but I suppose if they're opening for Slipknot, maybe.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
Ahh I didn't follow the story at all. Explains all the talk ab killing ppl. I thought Claudio was just uber clingy. :lol:

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Damn did they really? I wouldn't have seen that coming, but I suppose if they're opening for Slipknot, maybe.

Sounds like when Cynic opened for Meshuggah and everyone was up in arms because it wasn't "teh br00tz" like everyone else was that night. Granted, Cynic's older stuff is progressive-death-metal so it's not a TOTALLY unheard of pairing, Coheed + Slipknot DEFINITELY doesn't sit right in my mind.

nsimonsen

Reaction score
Sounds like when Cynic opened for Meshuggah and everyone was up in arms because it wasn't "teh br00tz" like everyone else was that night. Granted, Cynic's older stuff is progressive-death-metal so it's not a TOTALLY unheard of pairing, Coheed + Slipknot DEFINITELY doesn't sit right in my mind.

Man, I would KILL to see Cynic play a show with Meshuggah. That would be so amazing.

Back on topic though, I'm about 100 listens through the record and I'm still blown away. Easily my fav Coheed record since IKSSE (big call for me)

TasmanSam

Reaction score
I love this album, admittedly short (but not when you factor in part 2). The songs are great, less synth this time around which I like, great grooves and riffs, all around solid effort and will be getting many listens! :yesway:

glassmoon0fo

Some Say...
Reaction score
Ahh I didn't follow the story at all. Explains all the talk ab killing ppl. I thought Claudio was just uber clingy. :lol:

Dude, the story is the most surprisingly cool part to me! Everyone knows of Coheed by now, but not everyone knows the story, so it still doesn't feel like when every 13 year old starts liking your favorite underground band just yet :lol:. You should check out the Amory Wars comics and such if you want some backstory. From what I understand, Claudio was on vacation and had this story bouncing around in his head for a while, and just decided to write it down in a notebook. He couldn't get it hashed out as a comic, but he started writing soundtrack to it and BOOM, Shibutie and C&C. I admire the guy as an extreamly fertile creative and musical mind, and an outstanding performer (dat voice, dem riffs).

I could give a short synopsis of my understanding of the story up to this point if anyone is interested, but by short, I mean long lol. It'd also be cool to compare notes with other fans, since theres so many versions and understandings of the story out there :hbang:

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Dude, the story is the most surprisingly cool part to me! Everyone knows of Coheed by now, but not everyone knows the story, so it still doesn't feel like when every 13 year old starts liking your favorite underground band just yet :lol:. You should check out the Amory Wars comics and such if you want some backstory. From what I understand, Claudio was on vacation and had this story bouncing around in his head for a while, and just decided to write it down in a notebook. He couldn't get it hashed out as a comic, but he started writing soundtrack to it and BOOM, Shibutie and C&C. I admire the guy as an extreamly fertile creative and musical mind, and an outstanding performer (dat voice, dem riffs).

I could give a short synopsis of my understanding of the story up to this point if anyone is interested, but by short, I mean long lol. It'd also be cool to compare notes with other fans, since theres so many versions and understandings of the story out there :hbang:

I wish I could recommend reading the Year of Black Rainbow book but it's not that great to be honest. I found the writing to be rather lackluster and read like the writing of a young adult. I've heard good things about The Amory Wars and surprisingly little about his other comic he did, KillAudio.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
:bump:

Winter 2013 tour has been announced with support from BTBAM (which means you'll all have to deal with little fucking scene kids bumrushing the stage :() and Russian Circles :eek:

jjfiegel

Reaction score
Um... there's nothing scene about BTBAM. And I've heard horror stories from Coheed's slot. Also, this tour rocks super hard. BTBAM always ends up on the best tours.

')