Collibus - Burn Out

• Thread starter Stephen
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ShadyDavey

7ibrarian
Reaction score
Excellent Laney tone (if you did indeed record with your VH's?) although I'm undecided on the vocals. He's got a fair set of lungs I'm just not convinced its a 100% match - I'll probably need to give it a couple of listens to make my mind up.

Other than that, playing = excellent across the board, and I like the production.

Reaction score
Vocals sound really overly tuned, the girls not so bad. It may just be me though, or the way they sit. Think they could be a little more "in" the mix than "on" the mix. But that's preference. Kick needs a little more click to cut, and the snare seems to lack high end crispness. Synth needs bringing down too imo. And the whole thing seems rather compressed.

Saying that, the songs good. Just seems like the vocals dominate the mix in a way that distracts from the rest of the music.

Stephen

Collibus/Scar Symmetry/Ex-Devin Townsend
Reaction score
Excellent Laney tone (if you did indeed record with your VH's?) although I'm undecided on the vocals. He's got a fair set of lungs I'm just not convinced its a 100% match - I'll probably need to give it a couple of listens to make my mind up.

Other than that, playing = excellent across the board, and I like the production.

He? Our new singer is female :lol:

The other songs except Burn Out are with our old singer which will be removed soon...

Vocals sound really overly tuned, the girls not so bad. It may just be me though, or the way they sit. Think they could be a little more "in" the mix than "on" the mix. But that's preference. Kick needs a little more click to cut, and the snare seems to lack high end crispness. Synth needs bringing down too imo. And the whole thing seems rather compressed.

Saying that, the songs good. Just seems like the vocals dominate the mix in a way that distracts from the rest of the music.

I agree the mix isn't the best mix, it's just a rough mix for the time being until the other songs are completed but another thing is... Myspace, it basically kills all the high end which should be there and compresses it :noway:

As for sounding overly tuned? Our new singer used no pitch correction. However old singer did. One of the reasons why we got a new singer...

:lol::metal:

Killer stuff man. :yesway:

Cheers!

Stephen

Collibus/Scar Symmetry/Ex-Devin Townsend
Reaction score
Sorry, typo :lol:

Was it recorded with the Laney's btw?

The only clip which features the Laney's is the "New 2009 Preview", but all tracks will be re-recorded soon with the Laney's. That recording was like a test recording to see how they recorded.

All the other stuff was done with my POD XT Pro for convenience as we were recording at different places at the time and wanted it all to be consistent

Latest posts

')