Comments on these blueprints?

• Thread starter DagMX
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DagMX

Reaction score
Cool design! I don't know about the headstock though, I think a nice ESP style pointed headstock would look badass. :metal:
The latest blueprints are on my blog at dhruvg.wordpress.com. I redid the headstock a bit. I thought about the ESP thing, but I felt it a little cliche. I wanted it to be a little more sword like in nature.

on another note, I just got a scholarship of CA$7500!!!! woohoo!!!!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ParkerGuy

Reaction score
they look somewhat uneven, the lower half need to be take out a tad, and the center line looks... well off center! id say extend your electronics cavity so you could store the wireless unit inside, but then make a small hole able to mount a jack on the backplate. This way if you ever change your mind, its always available and you could hang the little antenna out of the back of your axe. make sure you alot enough space for the neck humbucker so it dosnt come through the lower bout.

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Unique headstock - looks like an ESP pointy and a black machine.

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
Not a big fan of the headstock, but everything else looks cool.

DagMX

Reaction score
they look somewhat uneven, the lower half need to be take out a tad, and the center line looks... well off center! id say extend your electronics cavity so you could store the wireless unit inside, but then make a small hole able to mount a jack on the backplate. This way if you ever change your mind, its always available and you could hang the little antenna out of the back of your axe. make sure you alot enough space for the neck humbucker so it dosnt come through the lower bout.
yeah, oops i accidently moved the center line...

I would extend the control cavity, but I figured keeping them seperate would be neater. For one, the wireless device is on the output line and its positioning makes it closer to the output panel. Secondly, I'm a little paranoid about the wireless unit moving around a tad. If it does move around and somehow short circuits the rest I'd be scuppered. But thats paranoia mostly.
But your alternative is good too. It would mean one less routed hole. Maybe I could ahve an enclosure within an enclosure.

The neck humbucker should have enough space. I dont have the exact measurements for the blackout standards, but I measured the pickups from my kramer and used those. THe lower bout has aenough clearance.

Battle-axe

Reaction score
I don't really like Vs or RRs but that looks nice. The intergrated wirless system is a nice touch. Don't know if it's just me but the upper half looks huge. The headstock is sweet IMO, it's different but nothing crazy. Otherwise the specs for this guitar are great, blackouts, 27 inch scale, etc.

DagMX

Reaction score
I don't really like Vs or RRs but that looks nice. The intergrated wirless system is a nice touch. Don't know if it's just me but the upper half looks huge. The headstock is sweet IMO, it's different but nothing crazy. Otherwise the specs for this guitar are great, blackouts, 27 inch scale, etc.

yeah it is pretty big I guess, but I measured the guitar from head to toe using the cad blueprints and the guitar isnt as big as I expected it would be in real life. Which is good because I was wondering how I'd take it around...

Stitch

Banned
Reaction score
...on the back of a thousand harlots, as befits its appearance.

Looks fucking great. The top half looks huge, but if the body is a bit smaller than my RR on the bottom half then it could be quite sweet. :agreed:

BigM555

I SS.org Salute You!
Contributor
Reaction score
The redesigned headstock looks much stronger. :yesway:

Not necessarily my cup-o-tea but if you like it go with it.

DagMX

Reaction score
Thanks guys for the input.

I just have to source the wood which will be the difficult part. Turns out I have most of the tools lying around. Hope they work though.

My guitar teacher says he can put me in touch with some luthiers except they mostly make acoustics and not electrics, but nonetheless they should be of some help.

Battle-axe

Reaction score
Thanks guys for the input.

I just have to source the wood which will be the difficult part. Turns out I have most of the tools lying around. Hope they work though.

My guitar teacher says he can put me in touch with some luthiers except they mostly make acoustics and not electrics, but nonetheless they should be of some help.

Yeah, I imagine getting a source for good wood in Delhi would be pretty hard. You could try asking the factory that builds Jackson's low-end guitars, down south somewhere, probably Chennai. They might be of some help.

DagMX

Reaction score
Yeah, I imagine getting a source for good wood in Delhi would be pretty hard. You could try asking the factory that builds Jackson's low-end guitars, down south somewhere, probably Chennai. They might be of some help.

yeah, I managed to find some importers down south...I hope they dont overcharge, otherwise I'll have to wait till I move to canada where the wood should be easier to get

')