Complete Dimarzio Pickup Routing Specs/Wiring Diagrams

• Thread starter TonyFlyingSquirrel
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jahanasaurus

Reaction score
I'm wanting to wire my Dimarzio CL/LF 7 set up like my JP6 with a 3 way blade switch. Is this just the same as the "tele switch" and will the diagram posted up there be what I'm looking for? Bridge/Inner Coils/Neck ? Also, which way do I look at that switch? is left hand side to the neck? I'm a total wiring noob but I can't afford to have a tech do it when I'm spending so much on parts, haha!

Reaction score
Due to seeing a LOT of members asking how to wire in DiMarzio pickups into thier RG7XXX's & S7X20's, I think this diagram NEEDS to be in here since it's not already and will avoid members asking "why don't this sound right" or "why don't my switch work in these positions"...

Diagram for wiring DiMarzio pickups into Ibanez RG & S 7-strings w/ 2 humbuckers:
W97051.gif

I can't say how many times I myself (both here on the boards and in-person...) and others have had to tell people to use this diagram so they don't have problems because they wired their pickups in wrong or someone else gave them the wrong diagram... This will clarify things and take any and all guess work out of the equation.

SavM

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I have an Ibanez s470 and I'm replacing just the bridge and neck with d-activators.
Will I have to re wire the original ibanez middle pickup to work with the d-activators? or can I just wire in the new pickups leaving the single coil alone?
I've been looking at google for days but can't find the answer.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Whammy

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I have an Ibanez s470 and I'm replacing just the bridge and neck with d-activators.
Will I have to re wire the original ibanez middle pickup to work with the d-activators? or can I just wire in the new pickups leaving the single coil alone?
I've been looking at google for days but can't find the answer.

If you wire the D-Activators in the same way the previous pickups are wired then the middle pickup will function the same way as always.

HUGH JAYNUS

I’m a grown ass man
Reaction score
I need a diagram for 2 four conductor humbuckers, 2 volumes, 2 way toggle and no tone. Anyone?

elegost

Reaction score
There is a mistake in the dimarzio diagram above in post #22.

I think the bottom pickup should be labeled "bridge" instead of "neck".

upyardrat

Reaction score
Great info here. A follow up question, but I'm not sure if this should be a new thread or not but it seemed appropriate given the title. If I should start a new one...just let me know and I'll re-post.

I'm looking for a schematic for a set of Dimarzio's I'm putting in a Kramer Pacer (3 knob 3 way on/on/on mini config) restoration I've been doing (Steve Morse Bridge + PAF Pro).

What I think want I want to do is:

2 humbucker, 1 volume, 2 tone, push/pull coil tap, 3 way mini toggle

Each tone will have a different value cap (.022 bridge + 015 neck).

The 2 tone pots will be push/pull to coil tap each pickup.

The mini will cycle the pups: Bridge + Both +Neck

Below is a diagram from the Ibanez page for the JS 2 hum config using 1 push/pull for coil tap. I could do this (would still need a wiring diagram). But, I have 2 push/pull pots and thought I would use them as described above.

4.png

Or I could just use one push/pull to achieve this like the pic and regular pots for the other volume and tone. Any thoughts? Wiring diagrams? or suggestions another use for the push/pull. I'm not a fan of out of phase.

Thanks in advance.

TonyFlyingSquirrel

Cherokee Warrior
Reaction score
Great info here. A follow up question, but I'm not sure if this should be a new thread or not but it seemed appropriate given the title. If I should start a new one...just let me know and I'll re-post.

I'm looking for a schematic for a set of Dimarzio's I'm putting in a Kramer Pacer (3 knob 3 way on/on/on mini config) restoration I've been doing (Steve Morse Bridge + PAF Pro).

What I think want I want to do is:

2 humbucker, 1 volume, 2 tone, push/pull coil tap, 3 way mini toggle

Each tone will have a different value cap (.022 bridge + 015 neck).

The 2 tone pots will be push/pull to coil tap each pickup.

The mini will cycle the pups: Bridge + Both +Neck

Below is a diagram from the Ibanez page for the JS 2 hum config using 1 push/pull for coil tap. I could do this (would still need a wiring diagram). But, I have 2 push/pull pots and thought I would use them as described above.

4.png

Or I could just use one push/pull to achieve this like the pic and regular pots for the other volume and tone. Any thoughts? Wiring diagrams? or suggestions another use for the push/pull. I'm not a fan of out of phase.

Thanks in advance.

If you want the function of the pic at the bottom of your post, go to page 1, 1st page of this thread, use the diagram entitled "2-Humbucker, 3.-Way, Push/Pull Volume, (Split to Inner Coils)" or pick the next one for the switch on the tone.

Another option is to use switches on both the volume and the tone pots, spliting one pickup on each. Now you can have one pickup split, while the other remains humbucking. Just another option.

HUGH JAYNUS

I’m a grown ass man
Reaction score
would anyone on this thread be able to hook me up with a diagram for a custom setup?

i have a stock Ibanez RG7321. currently stock ibby neck and bridge hums, 5 way blade, 1 vol, 1 tone.

what i want is a digram for: stock neck pup, Dimarzio crunchlab bridge, 5 way blade, push button killpot (pictured below on the popular Jacksons), and 1 vol.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• jackson.jpg
    jackson.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 15

savio

Reaction score
Hi,
Sorry for back the subject a long time later but do you can send these specs sent by Mr Blucher to me? (adv.saviogoncalves at yahoo dot com dot br). Thank you. :bowdown:
Ops, and your diagrams too...
7stringHBdim.gif

7stringsingledim.gif

dlx.gif

savio

Reaction score
A little contribution...

Attachments

• DiMarzio Specs Old Catalog.jpg
    DiMarzio Specs Old Catalog.jpg
    993.4 KB · Views: 33
  • DiMarzio Specs 1989 Catalog.jpg
    DiMarzio Specs 1989 Catalog.jpg
    817.5 KB · Views: 38

TonyFlyingSquirrel

Cherokee Warrior
Reaction score
Hi,
Sorry for back the subject a long time later but do you can send these specs sent by Mr Blucher to me? (adv.saviogoncalves at yahoo dot com dot br). Thank you. :bowdown:
Ops, and your diagrams too...
7stringHBdim.gif

7stringsingledim.gif

dlx.gif

There's no need to email them to you. All you need to do is "right-click, save as..." to any/all of them that you wish to acquire, one at a time, and save them to your hard drive as needed. The bulk of them are at the beginning of this thread.

vhmetalx

\m/
Reaction score

Sorry to bump an old thread, but id much rather bump this and bring good info back into the light than start a new thread.
However,
I'm trying to put Crunchlab/liquifire into my Agile 7 with one volume and a three way toggle. This Diagram looks correct for my situation, but im confused on whats going on with that toggle, the ground and wires that come from the pickups I understand but whats up with the random connection in the middle? Should I really just solder a connection on those two points? What does that achieve within the wiring? Sorry, a bit new with wiring. Thanks for any input and the awesome diagrams!