Complete old songs I can play

• Thread starter JazzandMetal
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JazzandMetal

Reaction score
So I am fairly good, can get some speed in both rhythm and lead, can do everything OK.

The problem is, I do not have a resource to play a song all the way through. A guitar tab or staff book with some intermediate songs would be great. Can anyone recommend some?

I can play Iron Man all the way through except the solos, but I really dislike that song. My guitar teacher (who I no longer take lessons from) tabbed it out for me and we went over it.

Thanks in advance.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JazzandMetal

Reaction score
Thanks.

My situation is not as bad as I made it out to be. I am learning Master of Puppets and Holy Wars. Not old, but they sure are challenging.

potatohead

Reaction score
Most Megadeth is hard. Like, really hard. Probably the easiest songs to play rhythm are Symphony of Destruction, Hook in Mouth and Trust. I can play many riffs of many Megadeth songs and some are quite easy (main riff of Peace Sells is dead simple) but to play the whole song most of the time is very challenging unless you have been playing a long time, it always seems to lead to something way faster and more difficult.

Metallica is generally easier but still a challenge. Seek and Destroy is a great one, For Whom The Bell Tolls, Creeping Death, Fade to Black, etc etc.

A lot of more classic stuff like Zeppelin, Rush, Sabbath etc is generally easier also.

revlover

Reaction score
The best thing is to try to learn a song by listening to it and try to play what you hear. This way your ear will connect to your instrument. However this can be very time consuming and a tab will be a quicker way. But instead of getting a tab book get Guitar Pro or some other tab software for your computer. There are lots and lots of free tabs on the net. The great thing about a software like this is that you can slow the music down when you play along which is a great tool. But only because somebody tabbed a song and put it up for download doesn't mean that it is tabbed right. Always use your ears to critically check the song as you learn it. Good luck!

ShiftKey

SS.org irregular
Reaction score
I would say guitar pro is a good way to go (i prefer the older v5, i hate the 'new' 6).

After i realised that most tab books are an interpretation of how something is played i sold them all(i had all the maiden tab books) and purely use tabs online when i need them.

To add to the previous post about it may not be tabbed right, that is the thing i love most about guitar pro, I never, ever change my tuning from standard, dont even go flat, so i find myself rearranging tabs i download to be able to play songs that are in different tunings, which can also work well for if a tab calls for something that you cant actually play, such a a big stretch or fast position shift, just find the same notes somewhere else that fit better for you.
I dont drop to d i have a low b....and f# ^^

Mr. Big Noodles

Theory God
Reaction score
Hell, TuxGuitar is free and can read GP5 files. You might as well get that and donate to the developers if you're feeling generous.

')