Conducting From The Grave

• Thread starter MikeH
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
Did a search and only found threads with their name in it. None devoted to them. But for those of you who don't know them, you just have to listen to them to classify them yourself. Some people have labeled them as deathcore, but I don't see hardly any elements of deathcore in their music. I'd moreso label them as Technical Death Metal. Anyways, give them a look for yourself!

:shred:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Triple7

The Decepticon
Reaction score
Awesome band, I wouldn't describe them as "deathcore" at all. The lead singer of this band sang for Through The Eyes Of The Dead for a little while, he didn't record anything with them but did a bunch of shows. Here is one of my favorite tracks on that cd

omgmjgg

WTFCAKES
Reaction score
with passion was there old band, they were along the same lines guess you could say.

SerratedSkies

Reaction score
I'm a long time fan of this band, and, as a cool little story to tell, I sang for them on my personal favorite track "Eternally Gutted" at a venue they played in NY. They had just kicked out their vocalist and one of their guitarists was taking control for the night, so naturally I bothered the fuck out of them to let me sing. The last song of the set came, and they basically just passed the mic to me, which was lucky on their part because I rocked their demo since 2005 and I know every single word of it. Really, really cool shit. All the dudes are nice as hell, and contributed to one of my greatest memories ever. They won't hesitate to bullshit with you on myspace either. They appear to love talking to fans, and appreciate the support. They just need to move to 7's...

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
The current definition of Deathcore is basically Metalcore with br00tZ breakdowns, which is why people call these guys Deathcore :agreed:

If you take away the Hot Topic Kid's opinions though these guys are Melodic Death Metal/Hardcore which still qualifies for Deathcore I guess.

Tyrant

Reaction score
I cant keep track of all these sub genres that pop up all the time.

This band sounds pretty good to me, would class them as tech death. Will definetly check out some more from them!

SerratedSkies

Reaction score
The current definition of Deathcore is basically Metalcore with br00tZ breakdowns, which is why people call these guys Deathcore :agreed:

If you take away the Hot Topic Kid's opinions though these guys are Melodic Death Metal/Hardcore which still qualifies for Deathcore I guess.

They're definitely deathcore, Hot Topic kid or no Hot Topic Kid. Honestly, the more recent tracks they've written, with the exception of the first track, is more along the lines of mainstream metalcore, which is totally weak, but atleast they have 4 or 5 solid tracks to back it up. Hopefully their next released will have more shredzzzzz

wannabguitarist

Contributor
Reaction score
These guys are local to me, I've actually been thinking about talking to John about guitar lessons. I highly recommend checking their newest CD:shred:

When legends become dust is probably my favorite cd that has come out this year.

:agreed:

Return From Exile is another Sacramento area band with a similar sound, and they use sevens:metal:

Blackhearted

Reaction score
I love this band. Their music just feels fresh to me. Sumerian does have a way with finding some pretty nice bands.

wannabguitarist

Contributor
Reaction score
I didn't want to make a new thread since this one was perfectly fine but John just put up a video with some riffs from the new album :metal:

And The Calming Effect solo (off the most recent album):

Triple7

The Decepticon
Reaction score
That new shit sounds awesome. They just started recording the new album?

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
New Albums I'm awaiting:
-THIS!
-Whitechapel
-And Hell Followed With
-Periphery
-Animals As Leaders
-Too many more!

Slayer89

The Demon Barber
Reaction score
I remember when I saw them Amon Amarth I was right up front for their set. The vocalist came over to where I was standing and just stared down at me while he was screaming for a few seconds, then leaned over in my face, and grabbed my throat and continued screaming into my face for about 5-10 seconds. Definitely can put on one heck of a show, haha.

wannabguitarist

Contributor
Reaction score
:bump:
Apparently they have a new vocalist (again) and some live video of new material:scream::shred:

The solo section in the first song is also from the video I posted earlier in this thread.

')