Confessions Thread! (keep it civil, folks.)

• Thread starter lelandbowman3
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Tell that to my 12-year old self (please don't; he'd have found that a great excuse not to shower).
Confession 1: He did the exact same thing and stank like I imagine Godzilla's crotch would. As soon as he began to shower, girls started to like him more. Same thing is currently going on with my 12-year old cousin.

Confession 2: I've also experimented a few years ago going over a month without shampooing my hair... I might as well have lathered it with lard to achieve the same effect.

I do have a friend, however, who allegedly hasn't shampooed his hair in a few years and his hair looks as great as anyone's. Different people react differently to these things. Also, my friend is half-Thai, and Asians do have beautiful hair.

Confession 3: I like Babymetal. :cool:

EDIT: sorry for OT, but it's pretty interesting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-_QKyipj_Y

When I was 13 I went a few months without shampooing my hair, just regular water when I showered. Apparently my hair looked great, but felt greasy as f**k. :lol: Looking back on it now, I also had pretty hygiene standards back in high school. Glad I started giving a shit after that. :ugh:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

tacotiklah

I am Denko (´・ω・`)
Reaction score
Without really meaning to, I seem to be the default person that people turn to when they think they might be LGBT in some way. Not that I mind, but I don't exactly consider myself to be some sort of gay/trans guru. I just don't give any ....s what people think of my being bi/transgender. I suppose that resounds with people in some meaningful way and that makes me feel good. :yesway:

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
I just recently found out that there is no such thing as "Swiss" language. I naively assumed that people living in Switzerland had their own language. :lol: let's just keep this embarrassing fact between us, hmmm?

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
^ Between us and the rest of the world? *texting friends* :wub:

Seriously though, I don't blame you. Their language situation is, indeed, quite complicated. :lol:

tacotiklah

I am Denko (´・ω・`)
Reaction score
I just recently found out that there is no such thing as "Swiss" language. I naively assumed that people living in Switzerland had their own language. :lol: let's just keep this embarrassing fact between us, hmmm?

New confession time...
I honestly thought they spoke Swiss and this post literally just decimated that belief. I have no clue what it is that they speak, although intuition says that it is Germanic based.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
From what I understand, they speak Italian, French, and German, but, predominantly, they have their own dialect of German that most natives speak and is used, as far as I understand, in official matters (although I don't know to which extent Italian and French might be used).

Necris

Bonitis.
Reaction score
Swiss German Dialects. A German who had no knowledge of Swiss german would probably have a hard time understanding a person speaking Swiss German. The grammar is different and the pronunciation is different. People who live in Switzerland write in standard German though (with a few slight differences), which is interesting.

Preacher

Lord of Beer
Reaction score
Not sure if this should really be on the internet for all to see, but I guess it shows how fragile my state of mind is becoming.

After 2 years of increasingly sh1tty jobless neighbors in a house with paper for walls, I am finally starting to snap, as is my wife. I actually legitimately fantasize about killing them so I can get some sleep before I call the police, confess, and get to live the rest of my life in a padded cell.

"Why not move preach?" you ask. I can't, I own my home with a mortgage and can't move until someone wants to buy it, and no one is buying it with sh*t neighbours because the ****s that own it rented it out to a company that has a contract with the council to provide short term accommodation (max 6 months) to problem tenents until they can be provided long term dwelling while they moved to St Kitts.

So far today I have been awake for 25.5 hours, since yesterday morning because they decided to have a Wednesday night party and rave. The police tell me they can't do anything as its a civil matter. The council tell me they can't do anything either because they aren't housing association but wont tell me who I can complain to, other than the internet!

Oh, and I realized the whole thing has actually made me start drinking very heavily again, which I stopped when I met my wife because she was concerned about how I thought it was normal to drink 5/6 500ml cans of bud a night and double/triple that on a Saturday. She had a point before anyone asks. I don't drink during the week anymore, but any day where I have a day off the next day that's it I'm going hog wild. Realizing this is depressing but at least I worked it out and can stop right? (and won't I be a fun ball of excitement when I realize I have quit drinking!)

Not really sure if this is a confession or not thinking about it

Murmel

Reaction score
From what I understand, they speak Italian, French, and German, but, predominantly, they have their own dialect of German that most natives speak and is used, as far as I understand, in official matters (although I don't know to which extent Italian and French might be used).

905px-Sprachen_CH_2000_EN.svg.png

What I would like to know is how well versed the Italian and Romansh speaking community is with German/French which is most spoken.
I assume there is news and official papers in all 4 as they're all considered official.

Edit: Apparently they do not offer official papers in Romansh.

tacotiklah

I am Denko (´・ω・`)
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that if I didn't have music and video games as a positive outlet, I'd have ended up as a serial killer. Just saying.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
He may have been a terrible musician but he was a great songwriter. Nirvana's discography is mandatory listening for anyone looking to get into music IMO.

Exactly the point I was making. I don't think any of that praise is deserved. I'd rather have my eyes gouged out than listen to any Nirvana- or worse: Nirvana cover bands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
')