Conklin 7 string Sidewinder

• Thread starter 7seven7
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

7seven7

Heavy-7-Master
Reaction score
I know where I can get me a USED Conklin Sidewinder 7 string Electric guitar for $300 - Anyone have any experience with Conklin? I do know that they make some sweet bass guitars, but I have not heard much about thier electric guitar line.

Does the $300 buck sound like a good deal? What are these woth? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Looks very similar to this one:
misshawaii7gtr.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
A used 7-string sidewinder for $300? Grab that sucker and RUN!

LordOVchaoS

NUDE MAN!
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I believe the pickups in those are worth more than $300. They're Lundgren M-Models if I'm not mistaken. GRAB THAT SHIT AND RUN!!! Or sell it to me! :agreed:

Allen Garrow

Famous Beaver Hunter
Reaction score
Every Conklin I've ever played was amazing.... Unless there is an issue with the neck or something,,,even so you could probably make you money back and then some if you parted it out....

~A

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Well, that series was, as I understand, their mass-produced "people's Conklin," but those typically command double that. Those don't look like model-M's to me - they typically have large polepeices, whereas those are plepeice free - an EMG-esq custom job, maybe, but for $300, you can turn around and resell it if it doesn't work out for you, and I've heard they're great.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Those pickups look like they're in a guitar thats worth way more than 300$, thus you should grab it

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
7seven7 said:
I know where I can get me a USED Conklin Sidewinder 7 string Electric guitar for $300 - Anyone have any experience with Conklin? I do know that they make some sweet bass guitars, but I have not heard much about thier electric guitar line.

Does the $300 buck sound like a good deal? What are these woth? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Looks very similar to this one:
misshawaii7gtr.jpg
Nice. ^ :)

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
now that you mention it, those DO look like bartolinis, and are thus worth slightly less than the entire guitar new. Buy it. :)

Mind Riot

Devoted seven stringer
Contributor
Reaction score
Snag it. :yesway: Then post lots of pics!

Donnie

Forum MVP
Reaction score
For $300 it's a Groove Tools 7. That's about what they go for used. Remember, he said it looks similar to the one in the picture. There is no way in hell that someone is selling a actual Sidewinder 7 for $300.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Ahh, I thought that WAS a pic of a Groove Tools. For the price, that's still not too bad, though, and I've heard good things about them.

Doctor J

I Don't Own An Ibanez 7!
Reaction score
I bought a Groove Tools a couple of weeks ago. Not bad at all. Fundamentally very nice let down a bit by the fretwork but, even so, worth $300 IMO. It has the fastest 7 string neck I've ever played, makes my C7 feel like a baseball bat.

7seven7

Heavy-7-Master
Reaction score
Yeah, I looked at it today, and the headstock does say Groovetools 7 - so I am going to let it pass. Thanks for the info guys!

7seven7

Heavy-7-Master
Reaction score
The guitar is located at Bel-Air Pawn Shop Incorporated - (314) 832-2741 - 7501 S Broadway, St Louis, MO :idea:

- When calling ask about the Cocklin Groovetools 7 that they have in the hidden side room, they have a room that is off to the side, and I've been in this pawn shop a billion times and just found the room yesterday! The clerk said that the room has been there for years. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I checked it out, it is solid! Pickups are not bartollinis but the sound is good non-the less. Real nice, Action is sweet, nice and low! I think it has a different scale though, maybe a 26.5, I am not sure but it feels different when playing as compared to my Schecter omen 7 (or) Ibanez Ax7221. Has a neck made from a few different woods, and it does not weigh any where near what my Schecter weighs in at, so it is comfortable feeling. :shred:

Hit me back if you wind up scoring this, I am interested in how you feel about it.
:cool:

')