Conklin GTBD-7 Bill Dickens Sig. 7-string bass (set up subcontra).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Variant

Banned
Reaction score
Description: Exactly what the thread title says, its a 2006 Conklin GTBD-7 Bill Dickens Sig. model, 7-string, neck-through bass. The neck is a seven-piece maple/purpleheart laminate construction, with a purpelheart fingerboard, the wings are swamp ash with curly maple tops, gold hardware, custom Bartolini Bill Dickens model pickups & electronics; including a 3 position parametric preset rotary switch and mid frequency selector. The color is wine red cellophane. It is in EXCELLENT condition! :yesway: It's only been used (and quite sparingly as I'm not a bass player) in a studio environment. Playability and sound are both stellar.

Modifications: It's been set up subcontra, i.e. E A D G, etc., an octave down from a standard bass, starting with a .195 gauge S.I.T. string on the E0, then D'Addario Prosteels the rest of the way up. Its over $80 worth of strings, and while not new, they have a good amount of spank left in them. The nut has been filed out to accommodate the shift. If this is the type of tuning you're going for, it'll save you a lot of time. :cool:

Accessories: None.

Contact Info: Here on sevenstring.org, I'm on daily.

References: Well, if my now-over-4000 posts ain't good enough, Marco (Cadenhead) can vouch for my trustworthiness/sexiness.

Price: $1500/OBO + whatever shipping turns out to be. The only acceptable trade/partial is a Fractal Axe-FX Ultra, and nothing else. :squint:

Pics to fuel your G.A.S.:

ConklinGTBD-7fullfront.jpg

ConklinGTBD-7fullback.jpg

ConklinGTBD-7bodyfront.jpg

ConklinGTBD-7bodyangle.jpg

ConklinGTBD-7bodysteep.jpg

ConklinGTBD-7headstockfront.jpg

ConklinGTBD-7headstockback.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Variant

Banned
Reaction score
obama-fist-bump.jpg

Because I still don't have a Fractal. :noplease: $1300.00 + shipping and you've got your very own stringed longboard*. :yesway:

*Variant does not recommended standing on the Conklin like it's a Steinberger.

chaiulud

oldfart
Reaction score
Still have the gtbd-7 for sale? Tax-mas is here for me in about a week. I was looking at a stock used one on Bass Central for the same price...but since yours is already set up for sub....

Status
Not open for further replies.
')