Conklin GTG-7 (rare!)

• Thread starter bradsteen
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bradsteen

Reaction score
Brief & Accurate Description of gear/guitar:

It's sad but true... I bought a GTG-7T, cherry red, used from my friend's brother several years ago, but didn't like the trem, so I sold it... and kicked myself ever since. Afterwards, I couldn't find ANYONE who had one that was willing to part with it... So I hunted for 2 years until I found a GTG-7 hardtail model in black off of CraigsList. The seller was in New York, so I had it shipped in. It was in decent condition, with a few minor issues:
- Small area where the paint chipped on the back of the upper horn.
- Neutrik jack for some reason isn't retaining the patch cord as it should. So instead, I treat it like a regular jack and wrap the cord around my guitar strap.
- Needs new strings
The kicker is that less than 3 months after I bought it, my fiance lost her well-paying job and had to get a new one at minimum wage, so I now need to thin the herd to try and make up the difference... damn my timing! =P

Modifications (if any): None

Accessories (hardshell case etc): Hardshell case it came in (a bit big and a bit beat up, but it works...)

Location (City,State or City,Country): Des Moines, WA, USA

Contact Info (No Phone #s): bradsteen@hotmail.com

Ebay User ID: chuppathingy (66 transactions and 100% positive feedback)

Price (include currency and if firm/obo): $400.00 US obo + s/h

Pictures: See attached... pardon the quality, only had my phone on me at the time.

Attachments

• Conklin Headstock.jpg
    Conklin Headstock.jpg
    389.5 KB · Views: 124
  • Conklin fretboard closeup.jpg
    Conklin fretboard closeup.jpg
    317.3 KB · Views: 110
  • Conklin back.jpg
    Conklin back.jpg
    243.1 KB · Views: 108
  • Conklin back of neck.jpg
    Conklin back of neck.jpg
    354.9 KB · Views: 117
  • GTG-7.JPG
    GTG-7.JPG
    17.9 KB · Views: 367

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

sepherus

The Crimson Comedian
Contributor
Reaction score
Cherry body, rosewood board, 25.5 scale, awesome "in between" bolt on maple and walnut? 5 piece neck, 2 humbuckers, 5 way, volume and tone if I remember correctly.

These SHOULD have been RG killers. Wicked nice guitar, wish I could afford it. Enjoy your free bump.

bradsteen

Reaction score
Cherry body, rosewood board, 25.5 scale, awesome "in between" bolt on maple and walnut? 5 piece neck, 2 humbuckers, 5 way, volume and tone if I remember correctly.

These SHOULD have been RG killers. Wicked nice guitar, wish I could afford it. Enjoy your free bump.

It's a 3-way switch with coil tapping on the Tone knob... other than that, you're absolutely correct. It is a sweet machine.

Auyard

Reaction score
How do these necks compare to Wizard II's? Or whatever Wizard is on the Ibanez Apex II.

JPMDan

IT'S OVER 9000!!!!
Contributor
Reaction score
How do these necks compare to Wizard II's? Or whatever Wizard is on the Ibanez Apex II.

Ibanez necks are very thin compared to this neck. I used to own a GTG-7T myself and the neck was the best thing about it. It's not ibanez thin nor schecter thick. it's a nice rounded neck and a tad thicker than a ibanez neck.

bradsteen

Reaction score
I've got a reasonable offer, so this axe is on hold pending sale. I appreciate your interest, guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

')