Conklin GTG-7 Tone Pot Bypass??

Reaction score
I have a Conklin GTG-7 and it has a push/pull tone pot for coil split. I have noticed though that when its pulled out and coil split is on (not sure how to word this) but when its on it is very very noisy. People say thats normal but when its not engaged I can hear the same noise but very very faintly.

I was wondering how I would go about bypassing this pot? I dont even use it nor do I think I would ever and I have a feeling it might be causing this buzzing as my wiring is fine just installed a new pickup and I had the buzz prior to installing the pickup. Thank you!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

dr_game0ver

Reaction score
sound like a ground issue. Is this the only guitar of yours that does that? Do you use a pedal between your guitar and amp?

Reaction score
No pedals just go straight into an Eleven Rack. All my grounds look fine though? I guess the only one I cant see the other end of would be the bridge ground?

Reaction score
Of course I can only hear this when on a high gain metal patch but still my other guitars arent like that at all.

Reaction score
I just grabbed my multi meter and going to figure out how to start testing my grounds. Thank you

mnemonic

Custom User Title
Reaction score
High gain is noisy, even moreso with split coils since you also get all that 60 cycle hum.

Unless it’s unbearably loud humming (in humbucking mode) or it goes away when you touch metal parts of the guitar, then it’s probably not a grounding issue.

Reaction score
Yeah it doesnt go away when I touch stuff and its not unbearably loud when swtiched to humbucker. Its just annoying as my other guitars do not have this very subtle buzz and I would like to track it down and the only thing I can think of is this coil split shit that I will never use.

')